Nexus X Being Prepped for October Launch; More Specs & Android Lemon Meringue

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
best-buy-moto-nexus-x-leak.png

We've been on a hot roll with Nexus X rumors lately. Today's intel is supposedly an internal Best Buy sale prep document which details more about the new Motorola creation. First, we have a recap of the previously rumored specs, but this time with a screen size and a mention of Lemon Meringue as the "flavor" of the next Android 5.0:
  • 5.2-inch Display
  • Qualcomm APQ8084 Snapdragon 805 - 2.7GHz Quad-core CPU
  • 64GB Storage
  • 13.1MP camera
  • Android Lemon Meringue 5.0
On top of this, we also have a hint that Best Buy is preparing for Google and Motorola to launch the device in October. The source of this intel made it clear that this could have been faked, but right now it seems pretty legit.

Last edited:

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If this is the final product I'm sold. End of discussion for me.

on the move..

D

Divergent

Perfect mid-range phone, i don't see any other concuring phones.

Sent from a bunch of fingers using AOSP Keyboard

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Midrange????

yeah mid range like i should be priced like a mid range phone, good idea.

@Sydman, so right it is like they are playing with us nexus fans. One day it is a 6 inch device that make us cringe next minute it is 5.2 which is awesome for a phone. Oh and 64gb of data.....it is almost too good to be true but I so badly hope it is.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Now to play devil's advocate:

the-devils-advocate-508d6dec74a73.jpg

We know best buy has routinely reported specs about devices and phones incorrectly. So we just need to allow all this to play out.

D

Divergent

yeah mid range like i should be priced like a mid range phone, good idea.

@Sydman, so right it is like they are playing with us nexus fans. One day it is a 6 inch device that make us cringe next minute it is 5.2 which is awesome for a phone. Oh and 64gb of data.....it is almost too good to be true but I so badly hope it is.
When they release a 32GB version, then they are smart when they offer also extra 100GB Google Drive space.
Otherwise will other cloud services be used like Box ( 50GB ).
They can dominate the cloud world by giving Google Drive space away as present because of less internal storage.

Sent from a bunch of fingers using AOSP Keyboard

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
@pc747 , at this point, I don't care what it is. As long as it is Moto and Nexus in one, it shall be mine, no matter the size. ;)

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
When they release a 32GB version, then they are smart when they offer also extra 100GB Google Drive space.
Otherwise will other cloud services be used like Box ( 50GB ).
They can dominate the cloud world by giving Google Drive space away as present because of less internal storage.

I see Dropbox just upped the ante with 1TB storage for $10/mo. But I'm adamant that for most users the limitation of cloud storage is still a data connection and data caps. 5 hours of music at the gym a week - whether cloud or a streaming service - is over 1gig of data a month by itself.

rayoerg

Reaction score
I can hardly wait to get my hands it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk