[Rumor] Motorola Launching Droid Turbo Next Month with Incredible Specs

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
That's over 6 inches of screen. Something isn't right. I agree with others that there may well be various sizes of the device. This could be the phablet size and then one or two smaller ones.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Isn't Motorola supposedly making a new Nexus device also? It's hard to say which "leaks" are for which new device...a new Droid phone or a new Nexus phone. Time will tell & I bet they will both be pretty awesome!

Joshw0000

Reaction score
If history repeats itself, and it usually does, this is just an idea right now. Motorola still has to design and manufacture. Of course there will be years of hype and the phone will live up to the specs. The only problem is that the phone will be out dated by the time it's launched.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
...now if only it would come with an unlocked - or unlockable - bootloader like my OG-Droid and an internal SD-Card slot too

Amen! I would like I slightly bigger screen, and definitely SD-slot....but mainly I've decided I'll have to settle for the first phone that has 3gigs of ram and a screen under 5".

squeak

Reaction score
I'd rather have the new Moto Nexus on verzion, but I'd settle for this as long as the screen is between 5 and 6 inches. I had a Note 3 and now have a Droid Maxx, I liked both of their screen sizes and would have been willing to go larger than the Note, but the radios in the Maxx blow the Samsung radios away. So I'd like to stick with Moto. I'm tempted by the new Moto X but don't think I can live with the small battery.

jfriend33

Reaction score
I have said this a hundred other places.

I want a motorola phone with a screen big enough to ditch my Nexus 7 2013.

We aren't allowed lapdocks or Asus padfones. So I think it would be only fair to get something with capacitive buttons and small bezels bigger than the note 4.

I am using a lg g3 (only bc I wanted to burn one last upgrade easily before alternate upgrades ended) so I'd have something to sell to pay full retail on the Droid Maxx successor.

Yes I love my g3 and it's features. It's battery drains less than 4 percent overnight. The screen is bright in sunlight I guess. The accessory selection is better than my droid maxx. However all the good accessories are overseas and thus cost prohibitive.

Lol go figure the first time in years I buy a non carrier exclusive device and can binge on cases yet the awesome ones are limited in availability and tale a long time to ship.

My droid maxx has a pristine battery. It will last two or three days easy.

But the funny thing is I had a trip and needed to fly. I wasn't sure how well my g3 would hold up. I got an anker 13000mah battery for backup. My Nexus 7 2013 and my g3 held up perfectly.

I do dearly miss active notifications, gestures, and assist though.

Since losing active display I have been craving a g watch or 360. But I think that is only due to my phone having an led only (made me miss my razr maxx hd led).

Everyone say a prayer that the new droids are 5"+ preferably 6". And have 3gbs ram, micro SD, and smart charge 2.0 out of the box with the charger included!

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they've beaten me down to the point I no longer require an SD (I'll manage with 32gigs internal, but only because I have unlimited data).

But I'm still adamant about <5" display and 3gigs of ram - I want to have this phone at least 3 years...maybe longer as this may be the last phone I buy for a while until they come out with true 3-in-1 beasts that dual boot Windows or something. That's why ideally I want a Nexus or unlocked bootloader, but they've broken me there as well.

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
Sounds like this Turbo Series will have 2 or 3 Models, 4.6", 5.2", & 5.5" if I had to guess. 5.5" with the UHD screen I could see making sense there. Give it SD Card up to 128 GB expansion or 128 internal (we could live with that), Droid Maxx batter (4k mAh+), USB 3.0, waterproofing, & stylus with Nexus/Raw Google experience & you have a winner.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Crazy man. Crazy. I cannot believe anyone wants a phone that big.
No one does that's why they don't exist. Nobody wants to carry around a 7" cell phone tablet.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
No one does that's why they don't exist. Nobody wants to carry around a 7" cell phone tablet.

For the most part I agree. Although there could be a market for business/students who have no problem carrying a tablet and talk almost exclusively on bluetooth. Especially with the emergence of shared plans (and that new Moto ear piece, if it works as advertised).

But at some point it's all moot when they come out with expandable displays (roll-out or fold-out). That's several years away, though.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So... In looking at the leaks.. It appears that the moto s or nexus x or whatever the phablet moto device is.. Is going to look alot like the moto x Gen 2, just bigger.. But with the hardware of the Droid turbo, and a larger screen... Mind you, this is if rumors pan out.. Hmmm.. Knowing how the G3's screen is with the battery.. I'm hoping that L is very battery friendly.. And I'm really hoping for a maxx sized battery (3500 Mah) for the turbo.. For shamu.. It'd better be close to 4000 Mah.