[Rumor] Motorola & Google Working On a Project Called 'X Phone'

harrytate

Reaction score
Have an OG Razr. Love it, but it's lost it's luster with developers who are focusing on more state-of-the-art devices. Verizon upgrade eligible mid-2013. Would love to see this happen in this time frame. As a Nexus device, it might stay current for a much longer period of time.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of focusing on the camera. I think there's real opportunity there. But when they start talking about unique or unusual shapes that sounds like a recipe for failure.

Then you go flexible display for durability, but also then easily breakable ceramic?!?

djspy

Reaction score
I hope it doesn't have some weird ridiculous shape that doesn't even resemble a phone. If they want this phone to pull Motorola back to greatness a quirky , gimmicky looking phone is not going to do it.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
some_of_the_best.gif

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
This will be my next phone. Motorola has been good to me as far a build quality and functional design. Been waiting for something like this since the D1. Please bring this to VZW!!!

Sent from Democles Base.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I like the idea of focusing on the camera. I think there's real opportunity there. But when they start talking about unique or unusual shapes that sounds like a recipe for failure.

Then you go flexible display for durability, but also then easily breakable ceramic?!?
Ceramics have come along way. For example, most "glass" these days is actually pyrex. Pyrex is a glass and plastic combined so that you get the look and feel of glass(although to me I can feel a slight difference), but with added durability of plastic. It can still break and shatter like glas, but it takes more force then pure glass does.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
The three most prominent features at the top of my list: 1) NFC 2) User Removable/Replaceable Battery 3) Physical Slide-Out Keyboard as seen on the Droid series phones. An unlocked bootloader would be nice as well as a straight, stock, bloatware-free version of Jelly Bean. :big smile:

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
x phone is a horrible name... why don't they just call it Google Motorola iPhone... they have a DROID X... move on to something more creative than a variation of iPhone... they might have some innovation with hardware and other things but the branding is gross

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
The three most prominent features at the top of my list: 1) NFC 2) User Removable/Replaceable Battery 3) Physical Slide-Out Keyboard as seen on the Droid series phones. An unlocked bootloader would be nice as well as a straight, stock, bloatware-free version of Jelly Bean. :big smile:

if that's what your looking for you might be disappointed.. nfc is a no brainer.. the rest unlikely

jseah

Reaction score

That's one area they definitely need to focus on. From my experience with HTC, Samsung, and Motorola phones, the cameras in Motorola's phone are far and away the worst of all three manufacturers.