[Rumor] Motorola & Google Working On a Project Called 'X Phone'

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
The three most prominent features at the top of my list: 1) NFC 2) User Removable/Replaceable Battery 3) Physical Slide-Out Keyboard as seen on the Droid series phones. An unlocked bootloader would be nice as well as a straight, stock, bloatware-free version of Jelly Bean. :big smile:
Removable/Replaceable batt is really not needed if they go with Razor Maxx batt.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
The three most prominent features at the top of my list: 1)... 2)... 3) Physical Slide-Out Keyboard as seen on the Droid series phones. ...

Sorry to break it to you, and I'm not trying to be mean. But, hoping for a cutting edge, high-spec phone with a slide-out kb is like hoping for a handcrank-start 911.
People have moved on from physical keyboards, and those that finally switch rarely go back to wanting one for a reason.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Sorry to break it to you, and I'm not trying to be mean. But, hoping for a cutting edge, high-spec phone with a slide-out kb is like hoping for a handcrank-start 911.
People have moved on from physical keyboards, and those that finally switch rarely go back to wanting one for a reason.

That is true, I came from a droid 2 and only used the physical keyboard on it. I thought I would miss not having but I no longer have any desire for one. This phone is so big that I very rarely misspell anything.

sent from my vzw galaxy note 2

Omnipharious

Reaction score
This rumor sounds GREAT! I've been a Moto-Fan and Verizon customer for many years. What would be even better, is if Motorola forces Verizon to release this phone with an Unlocked Bootloader! "In your face, Verizon!";) On a side note, "Since Google now owns Motorola Mobility" If the new mobile network that Google is working on is really Good, I'll leave Verizon to get this Rumored "X" phone, just as long as they're offering Unlimited Data. As I'm still Grandfathered into Verizon's Unlimited Plan!:D Also, I love my Droid 4 and hope that this new flagship phone DOES have a slide-out, laser etched Keyboard. Because it's always good to have a backup when the touch screen screws up.

GotnFX

Reaction score
On a side note, "Since Google now owns Motorola Mobility" If the new mobile network that Google is working on is really Good, I'll leave Verizon to get this Rumored "X" phone, just as long as they're offering Unlimited Data. As I'm still Grandfathered into Verizon's Unlimited Plan!:D

If both the release of this phone and Google mobile network happens, I'd consider it. I just don't want to be the first to try the network and it turns out to be bad....

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
This rumor sounds GREAT! I've been a Moto-Fan and Verizon customer for many years.........

I agree Omni, however, my concern is the lack of cutting edge foresight at Moto. THey've played it safe since the OG Droid. Having had that, the X, and now the Bionic, I appreciate the build quality and radios in Moto products. But looking at what Samsung and now HTC are doing, Moto really needs to step up their game.

I've talked a few people into picking up the S3, and I've come very close to buying one myself. Sometime late in the first quarter next year I'm going to get either the S4 or M7 from HTC. Whichever comes with a 2500-2900maH battery. Though I love how little intervention with the android operating system MotoBlur has moved to, I can make the adjustment to use TouchWiz or Sense.

So, as much as I'd love to stay with Motorola ................. will they come out with a device that's a difference maker, or will they continue to play it safe with minor incremental changes.

mustangdroid

Reaction score
Hopefully they'll drop the "RAZR" name out of it. I'm really waiting for a game changer game from Motorola. Right now I have a OG RAZR and I want the HD MAXX. I think I'm going to hold till I see more of this phone. I really dont like samsung or htc.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
By the time this happens, Samsung and Apple are already way ahead of them, especially Apple and their cult followers:D, the S4 will sport a 1080p screen and faster quad core processor with a few new innovations, and Apple has always something up it's sleeve, like "litigating everyone to death, LOL".

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
By the time this happens, Samsung and Apple are already way ahead of them, especially Apple and their cult followers:D, the S4 will sport a 1080p screen and faster quad core processor with a few new innovations, and Apple has always something up it's sleeve, like "litigating everyone to death, LOL".

I was gonna burst everyone's bubble after Christmas but good work lol

Reaction score
I'll be in the market for a new phone (to replace my Samsung) sometime in the spring. I can't wait to see what Motorola has in store.