[Rumor] Droid Bionic Pictures Perhaps?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
LOL....Only Apple could get people to obsess over microscopic and completely trivial differences in thickness and weight. God help us if they ever get into the "male enhancement" game.

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I've never gotten why some people care so much about how a phone looks. I always say if you want to make a fashion statement, invest in a nice watch or maybe some shoes. "Look at that loser with the ugly, bulky phone!"

Cracks me up. I just don't get how some people place so much more value on aesthetics over functionality. You want to see a work of art, I'll pull-up a 1080p pic of the Mona Lisa on my Bionic.

+10000000
I get annoyed at people who say they don't like a phone because of its form factor..
There's 3 major forms...slabs, clamshell and sliders. The miniscule differences within each type is so trivial.

What do you want a cellphone's form factor to be? In the shape of a pretzel?
Maybe the shell of a 20 oz. soda bottle so you can fill it with hydrating liquids?
Ugh...drives me nuts.
If it works as a phone, consider yourself ahead of the game! :icon_evil:

/rant

y0manda

Reaction score
..and then there are those who are still waiting on a device named the bionic. Most of which still locked in using the droid1 lol

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Reaction score
I've never gotten why some people care so much about how a phone looks. I always say if you want to make a fashion statement, invest in a nice watch or maybe some shoes. "Look at that loser with the ugly, bulky phone!"

Cracks me up. I just don't get how some people place so much more value on aesthetics over functionality. You want to see a work of art, I'll pull-up a 1080p pic of the Mona Lisa on my Bionic.

Yeah... what the hell is wrong with big bulky phones? Yall liked them when zach morris was sporting it while trying to bang kelly kapowski...

tumblr_l2zzwfVRue1qc46e7o1_500.jpg

Trenton

Reaction score

Yeah... what the hell is wrong with big bulky phones? Yall liked them when zach morris was sporting it while trying to bang kelly kapowski...

tumblr_l2zzwfVRue1qc46e7o1_500.jpg

you mean when he was trying to "kapowski" kelly kapowski.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

i dont think its because they want to make a fashion statement, at least that's not the case for me. i just wouldn't want to carry a large bulky phone around. i think 4.5 is a little too big, but that's not because i want people to say "omg check out his awesome looking phone" haha...it's a personal preference, its not something that i'm showing off...

gsDroid

Reaction score
I've had my Moto Droid since day one and am still very happy with it due to the incredible work of our developers. Although I've tried Pete's GPA's and PE 6, I have gone back to PE4.2, froyo, because everything works without exception. I think our dev's have bumped up to the limits of what our original droids can do with its limited memory. So, now I look at the Bionic with lust in my heart. If the Bonic is what it looks to be and is released this year, I'm all over it. Still, I'm hoping against hope that they will see the light and unlock that monster.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^One thing I notice is my Droid 1 cant handle GB as well as my Droid X1. I will probably be going back to Froyo on my Droid 1. I mean at some point we do have to move forward. I still use my Droid 1 to this day. But it wont be my main phone. Eventually my Droid X1 will get replaced, probably by the Bionic.

Suuperflie

Reaction score

Pardon me, but I am definitely not valuing aesthetics over functionality. I've been sitting on my upgrade since February for the Bionic, and it hasn't been because of what it looked like. My statement is very simple to understand; With such a long delay they could've come up with a better design than that(if it is actually the Bionic), and if they couldn't they should've just stuck with the orginal design. Where in the hell does it imply I prefer aesthetics?? Did I say I wasn't getting the phone anymore because it's now ugly?

Cracks me up. I just don't get how some people jump ahead of themselves and fabricate their own meaning of a post that in actuality doesn't mean anything like they portray it to. I always say, if you want to create a debate, arguement, or try to flame someone, then spend your time reading Facebook and blogs. Don't bring your imagination to a help/info forum. :icon_evil:

Al Neri

Reaction score
I am definitely getting this if it is out in October when I get my discounted upgrade.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Pardon me, but I am definitely not valuing aesthetics over functionality. I've been sitting on my upgrade since February for the Bionic, and it hasn't been because of what it looked like. My statement is very simple to understand; With such a long delay they could've come up with a better design than that(if it is actually the Bionic), and if they couldn't they should've just stuck with the orginal design. Where in the hell does it imply I prefer aesthetics?? Did I say I wasn't getting the phone anymore because it's now ugly?

Cracks me up. I just don't get how some people jump ahead of themselves and fabricate their own meaning of a post that in actuality doesn't mean anything like they portray it to. I always say, if you want to create a debate, arguement, or try to flame someone, then spend your time reading Facebook and blogs. Don't bring your imagination to a help/info forum. :icon_evil:

To each their own. I love the way it looks so it's all about preference. In the end it just matters if you buy the phone. Who cares if anyone complains about this or that. Either you buy it or you don't and you move on. Simple.

Reaction score
Again, my take... You like the OG? looks awesome..some beveled edges here... a lip there. Everyone that fell in love with their D1 (myself included) can appreciate this phone... Its the same, just stretched to an ungodly size completely unexpected by anyone surfing these forums. I DO like the original DB, but sporting these specs (allegedly) it needed a BIG look to compensate all the crap they crammed into this moto monstrosity.