[Rumor] Droid Bionic Pictures Perhaps?

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-bionic-a.png

Some pics were just released that may turn out to be a leak of the Droid Bionic. They reveal a lot of interesting tidbits. For example, you can see the following:
  • A front facing camera
  • New version of Blur (new icons and contact widget),
  • An 8MP camera on the back (1080p recording)
  • Web-top capabilities
  • Two separate speakers on the back
  • A 4G LTE radio!
According to the Droid-Life article, two clues may mean that this is something other than the Bionic, (either, that or all the "enhancements" have changed the phone dramatically). The first clue is that previous rumors suggested that it would have a 12MP camera, but this one only has an 8MP. The second clue is that earlier rumors also suggested that the phone would have a hump like on the DroidX, but that it would be sleeker looking. This phone doesn't have that.

Regardless, this is still a pretty impressive looking device. Maybe it is the "new" Bionic. What are your thoughts?

You can click on the following link to see more pics of the phone: Additional Pics of possible Droid Bionic Leak

Source: Droid-Life

Zog

Reaction score
If a release date was leaked id be excited. Right now.. meh. Waiting for quad core next summer.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Looks great. After seeing these images in addition to the new droid 3 videos, it looks like Motorola will be cranking out some sweet hardware.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
And before anyone claims this is just the Droid 3, take a close look at all of the pictures. The lip at the bottom of this phone appears to be smaller, the flash on the camera is positioned differently, and of course there's the inclusion of 4G. It's definitely a different phone than the pictures/videos of the Droid 3 that we've seen so far. Could it be a 4G revision of the Droid 3 much like the Droid 2 had a global revision? Possibly. But it's definitely not the Droid 3 we've seen to date.

DaWolf85

Reaction score
From the front this looks almost like the Revolution.

Fuzzball

Reaction score
Based off of the pictures of the front of the phone and it in the lapdock, it looks like it has a slide-out keyboard similar to the D1, D2, and what's been leaked of the D3. If the D3 doesn't have WebTop support, I may have to pass and wait for this phone.

No matter what phone I get next, it'll be a hard decision to pull the trigger on a phone with a locked bootloader.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
One thing is for sure, I will never be an early adapter. Seems like when a new phone comes out there are always so many issues to iron out.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
How can you really keep up anymore? Aside from a "lip" here, a slightly different button arrangement there, and a millimeters difference in size, they're all practically identical on the surface.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
My prediction... They Droid 3 and Bionic have been merged into one phone. They are one in the same.

darkmatter

Reaction score
that lip has me wondering if its a slider.

if bionic = 4g droid 3....

input! need more input!
1346524649_8a86082f78.jpg

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Off topic, but whats with all the new versions of Blur? I mean, why not focus on one across the board and make it good.