New Motorola Phone at FCC - Perhaps the Droid X2...

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
motoroladroidx2leak.jpg

A new Motorola phone just hit the FCC filings with the model model ID IHDT56MJ1. The phone at the FCC has CDMA and EVDO, which is what lead to the speculation that it is both a Verizon phone. The other 'intel' that leads us to believe it is the Droid X2 is that a 180 day short term confidentiality request is attached to this FCC device. Using speculative reasoning, that would put the phone too far out to be the Bionic, and just about a year out from the original Droid X. That would put it in the right time-frame to be a 'sequel'.

Rumored specs on the phone include, 4.3-inch screen (540×960 resolution), a dual-core Tegra 2 processor and 8MP camera. The above pic was from a supposed leak grabbed by TheMobiZone a month ago, but it is fairly suspect itself as it doesn't really look any different than the original Droid X. We will keep you informed as details appear. In the mean-time... what do you guys think of this phone? Is it a Droid worth waiting for if it turns out to be the Droid X2?

Source: Android.net via AndroidPolice

SoDroid

Reaction score
Sounds nice, but I would only consider this if I lived in an area without 4G for the next 2 years. The Bionic will be the same beast with a front facing camera, 4G and likely a larger battery.

coldhardtruth

Reaction score
You know its garbage if the bootloader is locked.

Sent from my 2.3.3 GB Incredible

B

bthomp21

let me guess. verizon wont release it until iphone6 is out

whatsinaname

Reaction score
Ditto. Pass if locked bootloader. I love my X, but will probably buy something unlocked next time. I will not have 4g for a long time in my area (over a year and a half supposedly). So regular X is good for me for a while.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Looks nice, but I would hold out for something with 4G, unless 4G costs more than 3G. In that case, 3G will continue to be fine for me. Now that I think about it, why would Verizon even consider releasing 3G phones in the next 4 to 6 months? Why would anyone want 3G unless the data cost is less than 4G?

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Ditto. Pass if locked bootloader. I love my X, but will probably buy something unlocked next time. I will not have 4g for a long time in my area (over a year and a half supposedly). So regular X is good for me for a while.

Agreed. My X is a wonderful phone. But with a locked down bootloader, I will be looking elsewhere when I want to get a new one.