Rumor Confirmed: LG Revolution Launch Coming May 26th

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lg-revolution1-launchconfirm1.png

New information has come to light from the guys over at Droid-Life, confirming our earlier report this morning that the LG Revolution will launch on May 26th, the same day as the Motorola Droid X2 and the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play. Furthermore, it will come in a black casing, and will come pre-installed with Netflix and Bing. Obviously we can yell "Kudos!" on the Netflix, but "Yuck!" on the Bing. I suppose if Microsoft were handing out free money to put Bing on my computer, I would consider it too...

At any rate, here are some feature highlights for the new 4G LTE device, and you can see more in the pic below:
  • 4G LTE
  • Bing instead of Google Search
  • Netflix
  • 4.3 inches screen
  • Android 2.2 and an LG “User Interface”
  • 5MP rear camera
  • 1.3MP front camera
  • 1GHz Snapdragon processor
  • HDMI-out,
  • 16GB pre-installed SD card
  • Qi wireless charging
lg-revolution-launchconfirm2.png
There's no word yet on a price, but we will let you know as we find out more.

Source: Droid-Life

VolDroid

Reaction score
LG User Interface and Bing = No thanks! It would have been ok minus those 2 or maybe one or the other but definitely not both.

GDP

Reaction score
It's easy enough to get rid of all the Bing stuff. I'm still not real impressed with the specs. I'd probably go with the Droid Charge just because it likely has a better screen and camera.

matt2783

Reaction score
I wonder where the price point is going to be. Unless it's significantly cheaper than the TB and Charge I can't find any reason to buy this.