[Updated] Ask And You Shall Recieve: LTE LG Revolution

Discussion in 'Android News' started by WenWM, Jan 4, 2011.

1. WenWM

WenWM Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4
    [​IMG]

2011 is the year that marks LG’s comeback in the smartphone world. For years they have produced less than desirable phones, but that seems to be changing with their new line of phones that makes me reconsider them. Their newest offering is the LG Revolution. This is one of Verizon's first phones with a full 4G LTE support!

Engadget said that LG will be one of the cluster of Android powered LTE devices that we shall see Verizon’s PR team hold up on stage Thursday.

Quick Specs Include:
    • 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon single-core processor
    • 4 inch screen
    • LTE
    • Thin
    • Dual Camera’s (5MP, and 2)
    So how do those sound to you? Is this something you want? :D

Source (LG Optimus Black and LTE-equipped Revolution coming to CES -- Engadget)

#1 WenWM, Jan 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2011
  2. EgooEspada

EgooEspada Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I might consider this device. The skin is horrible though and rather not deal with that. If this had HTC Sense or stock, I'd defiantly grab this without a doubt. Lets see what happens though.

3. wctaylor79

wctaylor79 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Here we go.. time for the compare contrast with HTC.. Personally not sure. LG looks good, but haven't proved to me that they are going to have the best in the long run.. SE X10 looked great when it was coming out and we all know where that has landed.. Thursday will be the day. Def not counting this out. Looks like one heck of a device, and of course dual core is nice. Especially after watching the vids earlier against the Iphone..

4. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    iPhone isn't coming to VZW.... and this isn't really anything we couldn't already guess... how about RELEASE DATES!!!!!!! That's what we need to hear

5. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +5,790
    will give it a look and even mess with it at the local best buy...but not sold until I see some reviews.

6. murflee33

murflee33 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like it will be called the LG Revolution. Am I the only one who thinks that the LG Optimus Black looks wayyy better than that one?

7. EgooEspada

EgooEspada Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Looking at the renders, it does look better. A little more unique and extremely slim. I sure hope the Revolution has a high resolution and is nearly as slim.

8. pc747

pc747 Administrator

Ratings:
    +5,790
  9. pc747

pc747 Administrator

Ratings:
    +5,790
    I think the initial dual core devices may not be that much faster than a single core if they both are 1 ghz but i could be wrong. The dual core will be 2x 500mhz processors.

10. armeddroid

armeddroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +30
    I'm interested. Flash was fully enabled in the Browser test and it still beat the IP4. That was nice.

Sent from my DFApp

11. VitsDroid

VitsDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    looks like a nice phone but so do others! my main concern is bootloader, is it locked? Motorola handicapped the DroidX, and all the other Droids they put out. HTC is following Motorola's lead. I hope that LG is smart and keeps the bootloader open or easy to open. If thats the case then i wont need to wait on LG for updates, cyanogen and other developers will take care of it. Dont get me wrong I am running Fission on my droid 2 but its still not the same as having an open bootloader like my Droid 1 Had.

12. GrillMouster

GrillMouster Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I remember years ago going to a "house of tomorrow" exhibit at Walt Disney World. Since then I've seen several similar exhibits and stories on TV (like the Microsoft house of tomorrow). They all promised "smart appliances" as part of an integrated system with home lighting, entertainment, security, etc..

I mention all of this because LG is in the unique position of producing a wide variety of household appliances, electronics, home theater/entertainment, mobile phones, and now tablet devices. LG's recent announcement of their android-powered VIA system is a major step toward making the home of tomorrow a reality.

For this reason I'm going to pay attention to LG's android phones.

Search tags for this page
free unlock codes for lte revolution
how to unlock lg revolution

locked out of lg revolution