[Rumor] Motorola Droid X2 Could Launch May 26th

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, May 13, 2011.

1. salem667

salem667 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree.... I stay on my bluetooth with my phone on my side.... Im either at work or holding my 9 month old son.... I dont want to look at my phone, I want to talk and keep doing what I was interupted from.... Cant wait for DX2.... Its the only phone ill trade in my X for

2. Valvoline

Valvoline Active Member

Ratings:
    +48
    Ya, im gonna have to hold off on the X2..
    I freaken love my droid X and the new specs are off the hook, but I need some 4g love on it. If 4g was offered now, I would be camping out in front of thestore! I intend run my Asus Eeepad off of it using tethering, and if its gonna be on 3g, my liberty X will do just fine. Ive gotsome time before my next upgrade so i'll hold tight for the X3???? Lol.

3. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +723
    Current Phone Model:
    S7 Edge
  4. music life

music life Member

Ratings:
    +6
    hmmm its only coming with an 8G sd card? woulda thought it would have been more.

5. leonozug

leonozug Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You know I was excited about the X2 but now with a smaller SD card and no increase in RAM I may be sticking with my X...I'll have to go try it out and if it seems mind-blowingly faster than my X overclocked to 1.2Ghz running Zombiestomped 1.65, I might consider it. But I doubt it will be much faster honestly. Might be waiting for the Bionic now...

6. music life

music life Member

Ratings:
    +6
    yeah when i saw that i got pretty upset. i had it in my head that the X2 was most likely gonna be my next phone. mainly bc i didnt have time to wait for anything more to come out. but if it does come with that small of a SD card i will have to suck it up.

hope they land the D3 shortly after.

7. leonozug

leonozug Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The only thing I'm thinking about is when the X2's dual-core processor is overclocked to 1.5Ghz like the Zoom or Galaxy S II, how blazing fast will it be...that may be it's saving grace over the regular X and worth picking it up. From what I've read lately the dual-core's are running comfortably at 1.5Ghz's, and super fast. I just want really nice speed looking up websites and super fast response from the touchscreen really. Overclocked to 1.5Ghz should do that. lol

8. tgyberg

tgyberg Silver Member

Ratings:
    +307
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6, 7, & 9
    Oh yea, if it can run well at 1.5ghz it will absolutely smoke!!

9. leonozug

leonozug Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking overclocked 1.5Ghz and with a stripped down Rom built for speed, the X2 would be BLAZING. It may be worth buying it...I'm sure it'll be done shortly after it's release and all the people saying they would never buy it will be thinking second thoughts. I'm positve over 3000 in the quadrant would be happening, and then people would be changing their tunes. lol

10. music life

music life Member

Ratings:
    +6
    sounds like i gotta learn how to do that. lol

11. leonozug

leonozug Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Haha!! Well I'm saying 1.5Ghz theoretically because of the zoom and galaxy S II being overclocked to that number. I assume the X2 would be also. Let's hope JRummy can work his overclocking magic on the X2 like he did the X!! dancedroid

12. Suuperflie

Suuperflie Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I disagree. FFC is a very good seller for people like me who are in the military and often leave families for extended periods of time. Granted, I can't take it to the desert, but for 2-3 week temporary travels within the U.S. it's perfect and doesn't tie me to my laptop when I want to skype and see the kids.