1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

[Rumor] 3 New Android Phones for VZW in May: Droid X2, LG Revolution, Sony XperiaPlay

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, May 4, 2011.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

May 12th is looking like a big day for Verizon phone releases. Industry rumor leads us to believe there is a good possibility that two new Android phones will be released that day to Verizon stores. But the rumors don't end there, and it looks like the month of May will usher in an additional new smartphone for Verizon on the 26th. Below is a list of the upcoming Android release phones:
    It sure seems like Verizon is glutting the market with a bunch of new phones. Then again, it makes sense for them to start replacing some of the aging current models with new stuff. Do any of these phones look intriguing to you guys?

Source: Droid-Life
  2. Zecpull

Zecpull New Member

I Love my Droidx.. and the DX2 is a dual core processor, so it may be enough of a reason to move up .. I Love the looks of the LG revolution, but it is about the same processor as my current DX . I do wonder if the Rev will have the outstanding battery life and durability., most LG phones have.
  3. tgyberg

tgyberg Well-Known Member

I'm likin the DX2! I'll just slap the case from my DX1 right on it! Hope it at least gets root and maybe a couple of roms. :)
  4. heem

heem New Member

DX2 Looks interesting. As for the Sony, I wouldn't trust Sony with something half as personal as my cell phone data.
  5. pizza3

pizza3 Member

Droid squared

I refer you to my earlier post this morning on this board. While the X2 has the same case and is limited to 3G as the original X it has the advantage of being the same case and not being 3G. At 4.3 inches it is the biggest if not one of the biggest screens out there perfect for fat fingers to use the onscreen keyboard. It doesn't have any of those pesky physical keyboards that wears out your thumbs and it has 25% better resolution. It doesn't have 3G? So what? Although it is available in my hometown look at last week's outage. I'm not confident Verizon knows how to make it work yet, and nothing I do requires the prolonged kind of data transmission that would justify 4G. Sooner or later they will find a way to charge you extra for it. Did I mention it will have a 1.2 something dual core processor? No? Then it will have a 1.2 something dual core processor. A perfect phone for me. They can stop progress right here. I hope no one else in NC wants one.
  6. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator

That's not the X2 in the picture in the first post though. Even though the X2 is essentially identical to the X, the red camera gives that one away as being the X. The X2 doesn't have the physical camera button (or at least the last leaked pictures didn't have one). That's just an old picture of the X.
  7. Stories

Stories New Member

Due for upgrade in August. I'm waiting myself for:

-Dual-core
    -LTE
    -Hardware keyboard
    -Unlocked bootloader

Crossing my fingers, crossing my fingers...
  8. rlarson_mn

rlarson_mn New Member

The Droid X2 looks good to me. 4G will not be in my area for 12-24 months so I do not mind a 3G phone that has more RAM, a better screen and dual core. Bring it on!
  9. Tru2Chevy

Tru2Chevy New Member

I just got my DX in January, planning to steal my sister's upgrade in September. I was hoping for something similar to the DX with 4G, but the DX2 might be able to sway me. I'll just have to wait and see available in the fall.

- Justin
  10. music life

music life Member

when i first read this i was hoping to see the droid 3.

but the X2 looks interesting. with the 4g dual core problems im almost scared to get the first one due to the problems that may follow.

LG rev lost me when i saw 5mp camera

Sony is just a no for me as well. lol
  11. JoeyJ

JoeyJ New Member

Hmm got my inc2 on friday so the 12th will be one day short of my 14days to bring it back wonder if it would be worth it to try out the dx2 if that is the actually release date.
  12. stinger161

stinger161 New Member

I love my DX but I'm holding out to see when the Bionic hits. The DX2 looks very promising though. Have no interest in Sonys "playstation" phone being an Xbox Live purist. Ironically have no interest in a Microsoft phone either lol!

But let's say they clear out the original DX stock and I have to do an insurance claim due to loss/theft/damage. What am I going to get?
  13. JerseyFirefighter

JerseyFirefighter New Member

I know while some are licking their chops for the first dual core phone... I still think its worth the wait for 4g/dual core.

Its like making a slammin 3/4lb cheeseburger and NOT putting bacon on it.
  14. cromag.rickman

cromag.rickman New Member

While I don't technically agree... AWESOME reference. Points for that ;)
  15. mjsplicer

mjsplicer New Member

Actually my big concern will be with pricing structure. If the tiered data pricing comes soon I will take a less powerful 4g phone to stay on $30 data plan

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Rooted DX OC'D/UV'D on ApeX GB
  16. kodiak799

kodiak799 Well-Known Member

Kind of leaning that way, as well. But moreso because my upgrade isn't for 6 months and I'm tired of my underpowered Droid.

I only use about 1gig of data a month. Even then, it will take a LONG time to recover your money if you pay retail just to lock-in unlimited/$30 data.
  17. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator

Ha, ha. I don't agree either given the issues that are still being worked out with LTE (maybe the bacon is a bit undercooked?), but nice analogy.
  18. AstroBoy

AstroBoy New Member

Man now things are getting tough for me.... I've got a BB Storm II and my NE2 is up on the 17th. I live in an LTE area (Orange County CA).

I was looking at the TB, then the Charge came out with that beautiful screen, but low benchmarks. I've also had my eye on the Bionic and the LG Revolution. Bionic is in limbo, So that is out.

Droid X2 looks nice, (I almost went for an X), but I need to be able to talk and get on-line at the same time. X2 can't do that. :(

I'd love a dual core, but if the performance is there form a single core I guess I'll go that way.

I guess I'll wait until next week and see what doesn't ship then.
  19. JerseyFirefighter

JerseyFirefighter New Member

SILENCE!!

Wait for the bionic. Youre statements say you REALLY want both dual core and LTE... youre gonna get whichever 3g phone you choose, then two maybe three months from now youre gonna be so pissed off you didnt wait.
  20. portermac

portermac New Member

I agree, I'm gonna wait for the bionic, targa or what ever they will call it. I'm not gonna be one that is kicking himself for not waiting again for the perfect phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
Search tags for this page

rumor3phone