[Rumor] Motorola Droid X2 Could Launch May 26th

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droidx2-launch-details.png

The original release date of the Motorola Droid X2 was supposed to be today, but it appears that it got pushed back along with the Droid Charge. Luckily, industry intel informs us that we won't have to wait too long, as Verizon is set to release it on May 26th. We are not sure exactly why it was pushed back, but more than likely, rumors tell us, that it was to make sure it comes with Gingerbread... either that, or Verizon just wanted to tease us some more. You decide. ;)

Source: Droid-Life

leonozug

Reaction score

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Hmmm. Will this be 4gLTE?

This will be a 3g phone.

So I'm assuming that the reason for no front facing camera huh?

Front facing camera is so pointless. I know soooooo many people with an iPhone 4 who also know each other and never use the damn thing. Its just marketing to make you think you need one. But then you go to make a call and realize you look like ****. You realize you don't want to hold your arm out to hold the phone looking at you. You realize that talking via speaker phone is rubbish no matter what.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
FFC is just one of those things that's "cool" to have on your phone, but in reality you'll never use it, except maybe when you first get the phone.

funwheeldrive

Reaction score
Id probably just use it in front of my grandma to let her know I am from the future.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^LOL!!

It kinda like 3D on TV's. I got one 2 months ago. I used it alot the first few days. I even buy 3D Blu Ray movies now. But I dont use it alot now. I have 2 kids and even they dont press me about it much now.

Take away the 3D and you still have a nice TV.

etx_droid

Reaction score
The X 2 is intriguing to me. I'm ready for an upgrade but trying to hold off till the Droid 3. We shall see if I can...

DyMiC

Reaction score
I'm also really intrigued by the X2. I've really been holding out for the Bionic/Targa, and my full upgrade isn't until October... but I'm still eligible for a discounted upgrade. I JUST GOT my Droid X... and I'm in love with it... but Dual-Core is so tempting. I'm still gonna wait and see what the initial reviews are on this phone.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
This will be a 3g phone.

So I'm assuming that the reason for no front facing camera huh?

Front facing camera is so pointless. I know soooooo many people with an iPhone 4 who also know each other and never use the damn thing. Its just marketing to make you think you need one. But then you go to make a call and realize you look like ****. You realize you don't want to hold your arm out to hold the phone looking at you. You realize that talking via speaker phone is rubbish no matter what.

Golf clap all around!

It's like the "chin" a few years ago, people would go mad if a new phone had a chin.

Some day it (FFC) may be standard and we all expect to video phone each other. But then I still don't have my flying car.

Uh, sorry, back to the phone. I get to upgrade and of course I'm thinking that an X or TB is the ticket. The TB is most likely the correct phone for me, but an X2!?! hmmmmm, I think I can live without 4g, I just want a fast phone that hops from screen to screen without a 5 minute screen redraw.

Damn, won't these people stop? (phone manufacturers I mean)
How can you pick a new phone, when a new model or an upgrade of the model you've always craved comes out every three months?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
FFC is just one of those things that's "cool" to have on your phone, but in reality you'll never use it, except maybe when you first get the phone.

Very true. Never been a big deal to me.

DarkJeckyll

Reaction score
I wish they had some kinda program were we could trade in our Droid X on the Droid X2. I would take advantage of that. But i think ill just wait if they dont. My droid X does exactly what i want it to currently.