[Updated] Ask And You Shall Recieve: LTE LG Revolution

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I think the initial dual core devices may not be that much faster than a single core if they both are 1 ghz but i could be wrong. The dual core will be 2x 500mhz processors.

I'm pretty sure that's incorrect. It'll be 2x 1ghz. Just like how a dual core 1.6ghz desktop computer has 2 1.6ghz cores, whatever it says the speed is, both the cores will be that speed.

DaWolf85

Reaction score
I think the initial dual core devices may not be that much faster than a single core if they both are 1 ghz but i could be wrong. The dual core will be 2x 500mhz processors.

I'm pretty sure that's incorrect. It'll be 2x 1ghz. Just like how a dual core 1.6ghz desktop computer has 2 1.6ghz cores, whatever it says the speed is, both the cores will be that speed.

jay is correct here. A 1Ghz Dual-Core processor is two 1Ghz cores.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
see the video the review said 2 500 mhz processor if i recall.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I watched the review again...Im wrong they are both 1ghz processors. Running tegra processors.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
looks like touchwiz is layered on top of it...or a touchwiz look-a-like.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Yeah, there custom overlay looks just like touchwiz. I really don't care if the bootloader isn't locked. I really hope it has a good developer backing.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
with a locked bootloader you will not get a lot of dev support.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I guess I should have put a comma there. I really don't care, if the bootloader isn't locked. If the bootloader isn't locked then it's more likely to have a good backing and that way updates will come more quickly, plus you'll be able to get rid of the custom overlay.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
The reason I say I hope it has a good developer backing is because although the Fascinate has no locked bootloader it doesn't have as many roms as the OG Droid.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^Thats interesting. Unlocked bootloader and yet not alot of development going on for it....

Interesting....how about compared to the X or Droid 2? Yea I know they are not full ROMS but still...

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
The reason I say I hope it has a good developer backing is because although the Fascinate has no locked bootloader it doesn't have as many roms as the OG Droid.

I dont think anything will ever be as hacked as D1. Developers will start spreading out once more choices become available. If they only had one Lte unlocked pure google Dual core phone, then that would probably be the one devs will support.

mitchb2

Reaction score
LG's recent announcement of their android-powered VIA system is a major step toward making the home of tomorrow a reality.

That would be cool. But as someone who recently spent $9k on new appliances, I don't think I'm alone in thinking that an appliance's performance specs are way more important than network/internet connectivity.

LG didn't come anywhere close to the top of my list while researching appliances, so they would still have a hard sell. They would need to drastically improve their stuff for any of this "smart home" thing to make a difference.

creaky

Reaction score
Anyone know the RAM on the Revolution? Still miffed about the Bionic/Atrix business. I'm considering jumping ship to AT&T. Want to compare these two.

Also, the last I heard was a March release on VZW but can't find anything to confirm. Any news?