Rules For Going Into A VZW Store.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Vzw1

Reaction score
this might be a little on the blunt side so sorry about that. but these are some good guidelines for going into the store.

1. Know your phone number. it sounds really dumb i have to say this, but i swear to god i hear "i dont know, i dont call myself" 5x a day. Dont be one of those jackwagons.

2. The guy behind the counter is not the reason your having phone issues. He is there to help you, but if your a total d*ck to him, chances are his goal will shift from helping you, to getting you to leave.

3. if you broke your phone, or got it wet fess up to it. there was a girl the other day with a incred 2 that wasnt charging. i take off the back and there is litterally standing water on both the battery and back. she swore it didnt get wet.

4. Be nice. The nicer you are, the better help your going to recieve.

5. Were people too. And were not all the same. some of us have more patients then others.

6. We provide SERVICE to your phone. If your phone is messing up thats between you and the manufacture(s), not you and vzw. we can send you a referb. if you dont want a referb call the manufacture

7. if your droid x's keyboard now dissapears from your screen when you hit the space bar, again thats not vzw's fault. sorry moto didnt test honeycomb like they should have. we dont control updates to phones.

8. if you call into cust service and they tell you to go into the store for a credit, make the cust service rep issue the credit. stores get in trouble for issueing credits, thus for they will more then likely tell you to call cust service back, wasting your time.

9. dont lie. chances are we will catch you in that lie, then your credibility is shot, and we think your full of crap.

10. Sprint is cheaper. there i said it, and i agree with it. however, sprint offers you about 1/2 the 3g service and there 4g is often times like 3g speeds. if you want to pay for a network that doesnt work go right ahead. our network works, and it costs more to maintain it, so you can make that call when you need to.

11. if you or your kid is without a phone for a day or two, its not the end of the world. we dont have phones we can replace onhand, so we have to ship it to you. believe it or not for the first 8,000 years (give or take) that humans have been on this planet, no one had a cell phone. you wont die, nor will your kid without a phone for a day or two. deal with it

this is my current rant. hopefully you guys will look at it through the eyes of someone that works at vzw. imagine it was your job, and you had to deal with things that are, more often then not, not your fault.

p.s i cant spell

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^Good stuff to live by! If I were you, I'd put this out on a billboard as most people in the forum already adhere to most of the above :) (or we just call in and get what we want! lol)

big al

Reaction score
I'm thinking we should charge you a therapy fee?:)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
i take it you work at a VZW store lol

Yeah you guys get the abuse from the customer, I know how it goes especially having worked in customer service myself. I try to be as polite as possible and reasonable and know that the employee only has so much power to solve my issue.

Guess you had one of those rough days huh? Don't stress buddy

JRParsons

Reaction score
this might be a little on the blunt side so sorry about that. but these are some good guidelines for going into the store.

1. Know your phone number. it sounds really dumb i have to say this, but i swear to god i hear "i dont know, i dont call myself" 5x a day. Dont be one of those jackwagons.

2. The guy behind the counter is not the reason your having phone issues. He is there to help you, but if your a total d*ck to him, chances are his goal will shift from helping you, to getting you to leave.

3. if you broke your phone, or got it wet fess up to it. there was a girl the other day with a incred 2 that wasnt charging. i take off the back and there is litterally standing water on both the battery and back. she swore it didnt get wet.

4. Be nice. The nicer you are, the better help your going to recieve.

5. Were people too. And were not all the same. some of us have more patients then others.

6. We provide SERVICE to your phone. If your phone is messing up thats between you and the manufacture(s), not you and vzw. we can send you a referb. if you dont want a referb call the manufacture

7. if your droid x's keyboard now dissapears from your screen when you hit the space bar, again thats not vzw's fault. sorry moto didnt test honeycomb like they should have. we dont control updates to phones.

8. if you call into cust service and they tell you to go into the store for a credit, make the cust service rep issue the credit. stores get in trouble for issueing credits, thus for they will more then likely tell you to call cust service back, wasting your time.

9. dont lie. chances are we will catch you in that lie, then your credibility is shot, and we think your full of crap.

10. Sprint is cheaper. there i said it, and i agree with it. however, sprint offers you about 1/2 the 3g service and there 4g is often times like 3g speeds. if you want to pay for a network that doesnt work go right ahead. our network works, and it costs more to maintain it, so you can make that call when you need to.

11. if you or your kid is without a phone for a day or two, its not the end of the world. we dont have phones we can replace onhand, so we have to ship it to you. believe it or not for the first 8,000 years (give or take) that humans have been on this planet, no one had a cell phone. you wont die, nor will your kid without a phone for a day or two. deal with it

this is my current rant. hopefully you guys will look at it through the eyes of someone that works at vzw. imagine it was your job, and you had to deal with things that are, more often then not, not your fault.

p.s i cant spell

I understand that working in retail is not the most glamorous of professions, but what happened to the customer is always right.

Further, when you put on the uniform you are no longer Joe or Jane Smith, but a part of Verizon, if you are not treated well you should never take it personally. The customer is ranting at Verizon not you, you are being paid by Verizon to rectify the situation, and the customer is paying Verizon so that they can pay you.

Also, the customer buys their phone from Verizon, therefore there is no " privity of contract " with the manufacturer. I know Verizon professes that they provide the network and the manufacturers provide the phone, but I have never handed over $300 to HTC, Motorola etc. But I have given 3-4k$ to Verizon over the years for devices.

I apologize if this sounded like a rant against you, it was focused more at Verizon and the D#ckweed at the store around the corner from me, who talks down to me, not knowing I know as much as him about his phones. (not to mention I also have a doctorate degree, which I doubt he even comes close too)

Submit don't submit, submit don't submit

celtic11

Reaction score
My original plan was to ridicule you for saying patients instead of patience but since you came right out and admitted you can't spell then I'm going to let it slide.

Thanks for the pointers and insight. I don't work at vzw but I do get tired of people blaming their phones problems on the network. Next time my TV breaks I'm calling up the cable company and going off..

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
A freaking men!!

I used to work at a call center years ago (not cell phone related) and I don't get where people get off treating others like that.

We're human just like you. No reason to treat is like dirt on your shoe!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
You work with the public. That public that are your customers that often spend $300 on a phone (Moto may be the manufacturer, but VZW name is just as big on the phone, and We gave our money to a VZW employee). We pay lots more than the other guys (your admission too) on our mothy bill, therefore maybe our expectations are higher also. Grow a pair. As a division manager for another fortune 500 retailer, I have found those who make rules for how customers should act while giving away their hard earned money, should look in the mirror. You are the professional in your field, not us, act like it.

BlueSami

Reaction score
Sweet when did honeycomb come out for the DROIDX???lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

You are the #1 reason why I don't go into the store.

warrior21

Reaction score
You sound like your in the wrong profession. I deal with customer complaints all day and it doesn't matter who manufactured what. I bought my phone from verizon directly not motorola which means verizon is responsible for any issues I have. They have no problem taking someones money but then don't want to take responsibility for the product after it is sold. I am definitely patient with the guys behind the counter but it would help if they actually knew something about the product they sell besides factory reset and task killer. Learn your jobs and maybe you will have better results. Either that or find a new line of work because that is my hard earned money I spent, not yours.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

creaky

Reaction score
Human beings have been around for 8000 years?

[witty pun concerning the current ROM and custom memory script on my device]

lddrew

Reaction score
nice post. I was wondering the other day about asking about part time job opportunities (student) but the guy I was dealing with was tragically born without a personality. Do you know the policy on that??

alboboy10

Reaction score
Deal with complaints or leave your job...every job like every phone has pros and cons.

People pay a lot of money...we deserve to complain when something doesn't work the way it should.

If my phone doesn't work...you WILL give me a phone there and then. You'll upgrade me if you have to. Ye it's not 8000 years ago, if it was you wouldn't be working in customer service.

For the record i'm very nice in real life...until I get some clueless Verizon rep that just hates helping people. Then I get the manager involved.

Had someone from Verizon call me last week cause I dealt with one of those "good" managers. Needless to say I ripped him apart for not doing his job properly.

The last thing I want to hear after a long day at work is my customer service complain to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.