This is a question for any VZW reps.

rvasquez1989

Reaction score
Well here's my situation. I can't pay my bill anymore for my service. Way too expensive for me. I have a past due amount on my bill, but i still need to cancel. I have a moto droid, and if i sold it i would be able to pay the past due amount and have no balance left with VZW except for my ETF. Now, does verizon "black list" your esn on your phone if you have a past due amount? because i really dont have an income right now, and if i sold the phone, it would pay for the past due amount. that is my question. and also, i have heard the stupid ETF shot up to 350? is that about right or what? thanks guys.

bje1982

Reaction score
Well here's my situation. I can't pay my bill anymore for my service. Way too expensive for me. I have a past due amount on my bill, but i still need to cancel. I have a moto droid, and if i sold it i would be able to pay the past due amount and have no balance left with VZW except for my ETF. Now, does verizon "black list" your esn on your phone if you have a past due amount? because i really dont have an income right now, and if i sold the phone, it would pay for the past due amount. that is my question. and also, i have heard the stupid ETF shot up to 350? is that about right or what? thanks guys.

Yes the ETF is $350.. Is your service already suspended?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
First I hope you get back on your feet. Its tough right now but their is a light st the end. I am not a verizon rep so I do not know the odds and ends but I am sure you can talk to a customer service rep about it.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you have a suspended account, that automatically puts your phone on the ESN list so it cannot be reactivated until the account is paid up. As for the $350, it is a decreasing ETF, so I see you joined DF in January, if that is also when you got the phone, your ETF could actually be about $300, plus whatever you have past due. Once it is all paid off, then your phone would be able to be activated so you could sell it at that point, but not until the account is paid in full.

bje1982

Reaction score
If you have a suspended account, that automatically puts your phone on the ESN list so it cannot be reactivated until the account is paid up. As for the $350, it is a decreasing ETF, so I see you joined DF in January, if that is also when you got the phone, your ETF could actually be about $300, plus whatever you have past due. Once it is all paid off, then your phone would be able to be activated so you could sell it at that point, but not until the account is paid in full.

exactly good call

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

exactly good call
Thanks. I wanted to get mine in before a lot of misinformation went out from those guessing. My old VZW call center skills are diminishing a bit but that is still etched in my brain lol.

phaze3131

Reaction score

I don't see the relation between the service and the computer phone. When I get behind on my comcast bill they don't blacklist my computer so it can't be used.

It's our phone computer we bought it, so try and keep your hands in your own belongings, not mine. Well that's what I'd say to them lol :)

texasPI

Reaction score

I don't see the relation between the service and the computer phone. When I get behind on my comcast bill they don't blacklist my computer so it can't be used.

It's our phone computer we bought it, so try and keep your hands in your own belongings, not mine. Well that's what I'd say to them lol :)

Except Comcast didn't subsidize the cost of your computer, right?

EDIT: and wth is a computer phone / phone computer?! LOL

Last edited:

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Except Comcast didn't subsidize the cost of your computer, right?

EDIT: and wth is a phone computer?! LOL
Comcast probably suspended your service for non-pay. I refused to go Comcast and have been a DirecTV subscriber for 7 years. My guess is with Comcast, you probably were locked into some sort of a commitment, and it probably has an early termination fee too.

Like TexasPI said, they didn't subsidize anything. You bought your computer outright on your own.

OP
R

rvasquez1989

Reaction score
Thanks to all of you for your help.
@pilotcharles747 yeah it is very tough right now man and thank you for your concern. hopefully i see the light at the end of the tunnel soon enough :icon_ banana: :)

@Vulcan1600Rider thanks for your help too. i wish it wasn't that way. i was hoping to get cash for my droid so i can pay that off, so i already see that is not happening... and i would absolutely hate to sell my Xbox 360.... sigh lol