RubiX IS to blame for reboots, but who cares?

Strikeir13

Reaction score
So you have changed the lcd density? Or not? That has been problematic for some people.

Myself, on RubiX 1.9.0, the only reboots I have are when I find an incompatible voltage/clock speed setting. If you're having reboot issues, try setting your lcd density to stock and see if that helps.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
It happens to me also, at least once a day when using the lock screen, random short reboot, (not a full power cycle, just reloads). I did have this issue on stock 2.2, if I recall correctly it has something to do with the bootloader checking the system for modifications? Something like that.. anyways, don't worry about it.

jonwgee

Reaction score
Anybody wanna go back to Windows Mobile? Then we can talk about reboots and freezing up LOLOL

Reaction score
Anybody wanna go back to Windows Mobile? Then we can talk about reboots and freezing up LOLOL

Or Blackberry, at least with Android a random reboot lasts maybe 45 seconds. My storm 2 would crash and 5 minutes after a battery pull it was still booting up.

OP
DropC

DropC

Reaction score
So you have changed the lcd density? Or not? That has been problematic for some people.

Myself, on RubiX 1.9.0, the only reboots I have are when I find an incompatible voltage/clock speed setting. If you're having reboot issues, try setting your lcd density to stock and see if that helps.

*face palm* I had the reboots before I changed the density, and the density IS stock now.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

SwatDawg335

Reaction score
Only time I've ever had a reboot issue was after messing with LCD density or grossly overclocking or undervolting. I'm still on Rubix .5 (dragging my feet a bit, I know). But I'm stable at Ultra Low Voltage 1.2 Ghz with stock density.

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
I've had reboots on my stock ROM, FlyX, 928DBGX (theme on FlyX), ApeX 1.0, ZapX and rubiX 1.9.0. The only difference is that the reboots I've had on rubiX where during the first few launches of Firefox 4 Beta (v4.0b2). The other ROM's were random and speratic. Although each suffered random reboots less and less respectively. I've had more time rooted/ROM'ed/themed than bone stock but I still had issues right out of the box.

To date: rubiX 1.9.0 FTW!!

Finkployd

Reaction score
Replaced the lock screen with widgetlocker and have not had a reboot since. And I undervolt, run weatherbug, and overclock.

azndan2

Reaction score
so im about to get a droid x from my dad to replace my droid one. it seems like everywhere I look there are constant bug reports... should I skip the droid x and get something else?

Reaction score
so im about to get a droid x from my dad to replace my droid one. it seems like everywhere I look there are constant bug reports... should I skip the droid x and get something else?

I don't have any issues with mine. runs perfect 100% of the time.

mcp770

Reaction score
never had a single reboot with stock or Rubix. That said I am in the minority that follows dev instructions to the letter on install. Your dad would love this phone, only as buggy as you make it.

Reaction score
never had a single reboot with stock or Rubix. That said I am in the minority that follows dev instructions to the letter on install. Your dad would love this phone, only as buggy as you make it.

I have had reboots but once I stopped insisting on over/under clocking and over/under volting they all stopped.

I reboot my computer more than my phone and that's probably the first time I've been able to say that since I got my first Blackberry almost 10 years ago. Good old monochrome 6230 on t-mobile....Crap, now I feel old.

mcp770

Reaction score
Came from a storm 1. Not having to pull my battery twice a day is worth the x's weight in gold.