Installing Rubix 1.90 please help having issues

mr.droid87

Reaction score
I sbf my droid x to 2.1 then rooted, and I'm trying to install rubix focused 1.9 but every time I try I get stuck at the M logo. After rooting my phone I install bootstrap and click flashed bootstrap recovery I downloaded the file rubix 1.9 and I saved it on my sd card, after that I reboot to bootstrap recovery and wipe data then cache, and I mount system and install from zip everything installs till I reboot and get stuck on the M causing me to use rsdlite and sbf 2.1 to fix, how do I install this rom? Should I SBF 2.2 on my phone even though its on 2.1 and then root and install rom? Thanks!

theidoctor

Reaction score
How long do you let it stay at the m? I have had to wait 20 minutes before. Also have you tried any battery pulls?

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
M

mr.droid87

Reaction score
I didn't wait very long I would say 5 minutes and I did do a battery pull but was still stuck I didn't bother waiting no more than 5 minutes assuming I did something wrong

sephtin

Reaction score
I didn't wait very long I would say 5 minutes and I did do a battery pull but was still stuck I didn't bother waiting no more than 5 minutes assuming I did something wrong

You shouldn't ahve to wait that long...

If you .sbf'd back to 2.1, grab ROM Manager, and load the Rooted Deodexed Froyo install (2.2), before installing Focused. It does have issues installing over 2.1... I've experienced this myself, and that fixes it.

OP
M

mr.droid87

Reaction score
what if I SBF to 2.2 can I still get rubix 1.09 without sbfing to 2.1?

sephtin

Reaction score
what if I SBF to 2.2 can I still get rubix 1.09 without sbfing to 2.1?

Sorry for the confusion...

I believe the discussion was.. that someone had .sbf'd to 2.1, and was having issues going straight to Focused from 2.1. (please correct me if I'm wrong...).

If you're already on 2.2, you shouldn't have that issue..
If you DO run into boot loops going from 2.2 to Focused... then boot to android recovery, and wipe data/cache from there, should let you boot into Focused.