My Rubix Experience

marcfogel

Reaction score
Everytime I ran rubix I experienced random quick reboots. It was pretty annoying. So I went back to stock - deoxed. That was somewhat annoying as well because of the random lock-ups etc. I decided to give Rubix another shot. However, this time I did not install Weatherbug and I have not experienced one reboot. In addition, the rom is smoking fast.

I would like to thank Drod et al for all their hard work. Hey Drod, I will be in your neck of the woods over the holidays (Palm Harbor). I also can't wait to have Pizza at Eddie & Sam's NY Pizza, downtown. One of my favorite places to eat Pizza.

I would also like to thank Sephtin for his support and hard work on Blackbarmod.

Donations will be coming after the holidays.

M.

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
I get the same random quick reboots with Rubix Focused, but only maybe twice a week. I do have weatherbug installed. I wonder if that's what's causing it...:angry:

Love the ROM though.

OP
M

marcfogel

Reaction score
I get the same random quick reboots with Rubix Focused, but only maybe twice a week. I do have weatherbug installed. I wonder if that's what's causing it...:angry:

Love the ROM though.

Easy enough to find out. I am using the stock weather widget now. The only thing I miss is the ability to track weather in multiple places. I like to watch the Tampa area and southern new jersey.

lemm

Reaction score
I have only had 1 or 2 random reboots the entire time I've been using rubiX.. I don't know what is causing your problem but I would say it's not rubiX

jdhas

Reaction score

Love the ROM though.

Easy enough to find out. I am using the stock weather widget now. The only thing I miss is the ability to track weather in multiple places. I like to watch the Tampa area and southern new jersey.

Palmary Weather has a beautiful widget and tracks weather in multiple locations. It's not free, but I haven't noticed any reboots running it on any version of rubiX.

OP
M

marcfogel

Reaction score
I have only had 1 or 2 random reboots the entire time I've been using rubiX.. I don't know what is causing your problem but I would say it's not rubiX

Since I no longer use Weatherbug I no longer have the reboots.

Inkarnit

Reaction score
1 to 2 a week seems like nothign though... I'd gladly run with that :) That's about what I'm getting now, and not using weatherbug. I am, however, extremely undervolted.

Reaction score
I have never used weatherbug but i did get so frustrated with the reboots on 1.90 that I sbfed and re-installed
they went away...
i've since installed the leak .320 and still no reboots.

sbf is a pain but it did the trick for me

rehuxley

Reaction score
I get the reboots with rubix blurry but usually when using the dialer. I don't have weatherbug installed.

sephtin

Reaction score
Everytime I ran rubix I experienced random quick reboots. It was pretty annoying. So I went back to stock - deoxed. That was somewhat annoying as well because of the random lock-ups etc. I decided to give Rubix another shot. However, this time I did not install Weatherbug and I have not experienced one reboot. In addition, the rom is smoking fast.

I would like to thank Drod et al for all their hard work. Hey Drod, I will be in your neck of the woods over the holidays (Palm Harbor). I also can't wait to have Pizza at Eddie & Sam's NY Pizza, downtown. One of my favorite places to eat Pizza.

I would also like to thank Sephtin for his support and hard work on Blackbarmod.

Donations will be coming after the holidays.

M.

Thanks for the feedback! :)

I just posted a link to this thread in the quick random reboots thread.. perhaps it will help others that are/were having reboots get rid of the pesky things! ;)

MNTNBKR

Reaction score

Love the ROM though.

Well, I uninstalled Weatherbug early this week, and last night it did it's little reboot deal, so I guess that's not the culprit. Oh well... I can deal with it.