rubiX Focused 2.0.1: UPDATED

tlozano09

Reaction score
Hey man look up the froyo factory reset on google. I am almost positive this will help you with your phone not automatically resorting your apps that may be saved on googles servers
let me know if this helps

Just to clarify your meaning which of the following are you suggesting:

1) Choose Settings > Privacy > Factory data reset
2) Allow phone to bootup and sit for a while so the google servers clear out the old data.
3) Re-root (if that clears root....)
4) Reflash my nandroid backup of rubix 1.9.7 and hopefully allow the google servers to grab the current data/apps
5) Wipe and flash rubix 2.0.1 as normal

Assuming the above info is correct, would you suggest that I do this from:
A) My current rubix 1.9.7 configuration, or
B) My nandroid backup of the 2.3.340 OTA

Thanks for your help.

Bingo! I finally figured out how to get things straight in my Droid X 2.2 update - Android Forums
Ok this us the link to themethod I used. I def noticed a difference in performance after doing it.
I think your on the right track, but I really think this process will solve your problems.let us know what happens.

DBLX

Reaction score
A few Q's

I haven't noticed any change in my battery life... I have the biggest Moto ext that you can fit under the stock cover. I get about 9 hours and then I'm at 30%. Is that good? Anything I should do?
Any fix in the works for WWF's?
How about the FM radio?

Jus Cruisin

Reaction score
24 hours on 2.0.1 and all is good. I didn't particularly like the "gallery" (couldn't flick thru photos) then when I themed with Black Juice I have a better gallery. Sure wish there was some wallpaper choices. Battery life looks good. I haven't run Quick Clock yet. I need to find out about it.

droidxethan

Reaction score
I haven't noticed any change in my battery life... I have the biggest Moto ext that you can fit under the stock cover. I get about 9 hours and then I'm at 30%. Is that good? Anything I should do?
How about the FM radio?

9 hours at 30 percent isn't very good seeing that u have a extended battery it should be giving u more then that I have an extended battery but its the one from verizon that comes with a new battery door cuz its slightly bigger I would recommend that one

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

bozchevelle

Reaction score
I have a question about using programs that you can use to lock app's. ever since I loaded 2.0.1 I not been able to use them, they just don't work anymore. The name of the app is called app protect pro.

Anyone have any input on this, or is anyone else having this issue?

Please help me on this.

Thank you very much..

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The issues people are having with WWF are not related to the ROM. Im playing it on 2 other phones, an og Droid and a Mytouch 4g, and both of them are having fc's. I still have yet to have one on my X with this ROM, so I dont know what would be causing them...
* Ok, I did just get an fc. It made my phone pretty much lock up for like a minute. But, I can tell you for sure its not rubiX causing it. My girls droid Has to have a battery pull when it acts up. There was an update to it yesterday I think, maybe it has to do with that...

kwest12

Reaction score
The issues people are having with WWF are not related to the ROM. Im playing it on 2 other phones, an og Droid and a Mytouch 4g, and both of them are having fc's. I still have yet to have one on my X with this ROM, so I dont know what would be causing them...
* Ok, I did just get an fc. It made my phone pretty much lock up for like a minute. But, I can tell you for sure its not rubiX causing it. My girls droid Has to have a battery pull when it acts up. There was an update to it yesterday I think, maybe it has to do with that...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the WWF app is just extremely sub-par for us android users right now. I'm sure they'll improve it going forward, but we're just gonna have to be patient for now. If you've got an add blocker running, the app did seem to have some ads that would cause havoc if you left the adblocker on while playing. Not sure if that has anything to do w/ the fcing though...

bigmotor

Reaction score
Drod!

I did in fact deliver some Cheese over @ PayPal for ya........

Question though! is it really necessary to reconfigure the governors and do the oc thingy to allow your DX to perform @ its best. I do notice a difference in the temperature of my DX while tethering and Internet sharing with this rom, it gets a bit hot. Is there an explanation for that?

Thanks in advance.......

Not at all.. in fact, I don't recommend overclocking. It's nice, but ends up causing more issues (random reboots, battery drains, phone temp, etc.) than anything. Governor switching, however, is personal preference, and does not do any sorts of bad.

Surely.. when tethering, or any constant use where the cpu frequency would be more towards the max, the phone will run a little hot.. it has to work harder than normal (thus raising the cpu temp), plus, my dx always ran hot.

Thanks again Drod!

You are the greatest...... now I must work with these themes, can't seem to get the Blue Gingerbread for Rubix Focused 1.9.7 to work for some insane reason. Every time I try to flash it, my DX just freezes up, then I have to remove the battery or is it that I'm not allowing enough time for reboot?

DBLX

Reaction score
How about the FM radio?

9 hours at 30 percent isn't very good seeing that u have a extended battery it should be giving u more then that I have an extended battery but its the one from verizon that comes with a new battery door cuz its slightly bigger I would recommend that one

Thats what I thought too. It's the bh6x (1850) On average it seems like i get an extra hour over stock. I'm basing this on when it hits 30 %,

fr33zypop

Reaction score
Is there a way to get a time scheduler for when the screen locks. I see the options to adjust for the screen to time out, but not for the security lock. Since I run a corporate email account I am required to have a PIN. Each time the phone locks I have to enter the PIN, it gets old. Sometimes I lock it and then, crap I need to do something else and then BAM, enter PIN is promoted.

I know on the stock DX there is way to adjust it to like 15 minutes. That would be great if you can add that feature setting or guide me on how I could change it.
This is a feature of MotoBlur and is not available in AOSP ROMs. It is very difficult to implement as it involves significant reprogramming of many of the framework files... However, I do agree that it is a great feature - probably one of the few that Moto actually got right.

Thanks for the information.

usne8

Reaction score
Rubix 2.01! This rom rocks! Unplugged this morning at 0430. At 930 pm tonight I still was at 60%. Moderate usage, regular battery. Its the best battery life I've had yet. Even better than rubix 1.5. Running Black Juice True Blue, Conservative CPU setting, Low mhz profiles. GO DROD!!!!

jdm627

Reaction score
Drod!

I did in fact deliver some Cheese over @ PayPal for ya........

Question though! is it really necessary to reconfigure the governors and do the oc thingy to allow your DX to perform @ its best. I do notice a difference in the temperature of my DX while tethering and Internet sharing with this rom, it gets a bit hot. Is there an explanation for that?

Thanks in advance.......

Not at all.. in fact, I don't recommend overclocking. It's nice, but ends up causing more issues (random reboots, battery drains, phone temp, etc.) than anything. Governor switching, however, is personal preference, and does not do any sorts of bad.

Surely.. when tethering, or any constant use where the cpu frequency would be more towards the max, the phone will run a little hot.. it has to work harder than normal (thus raising the cpu temp), plus, my dx always ran hot.

Thanks again Drod!

You are the greatest...... now I must work with these themes, can't seem to get the Blue Gingerbread for Rubix Focused 1.9.7 to work for some insane reason. Every time I try to flash it, my DX just freezes up, then I have to remove the battery or is it that I'm not allowing enough time for reboot?
Updated Blue Gingerbread it´s working perfect on my DX with Rubix
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/drod2169-x/119756-theme-blue-gingerbread-rubix-focused-1-9-7-a.html

beantownmp

Reaction score
I don't know if this has been mentioned but I have notices that my screen sometimes dims down and stays like that for about a minute, and I can't use the screen.
Its been happening about twice a daily recently.
Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm getting this too. Seems to haappen when I leave an app and right when I get to the homescreen I open something else. Screen freezes then dims. Volume buttons work and power button shuts off display but that's it for about a minute or so. Very annoying.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

DBLX

Reaction score
How do I get the quickoffice app back? I tried TE (office) (-rs) but it said not found.