rubiX Focused 2.0.1: UPDATED

PerCompLLC

Reaction score
Battery Life!!!

Drod - Battery life on this ROM is SICK! I came from Liberty (a great ROM in and of itself), but I wasn't happy with the battery life. Rubix offers all of the same functionality as Liberty (granted using different methods), but the battery life on Rubix ABSOLUTELY KILLS Liberty.

I have a really terrible signal in my office at work, so my battery usually suffers because it is always searching for a signal. Yesterday was the first complete test for me. Phone was off the charger at 3:30am (way early because I hit the gym before work). I plugged it back in at 9:30pm and the battery was reading 70% in the status bar. Circle battery widget indicates that the battery was at 69%. For those of you bad with math, that's 70% remaining after 17 hours!! AMAZING!

The above was with moderate use. Several phone calls lasting 10 - 30 minutes, about an hour of web browsing, about an hour of fruit ninja, and about 40 texts.

THANK YOU DROD!!!
:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

joshhendry

Reaction score
The issues people are having with WWF are not related to the ROM. Im playing it on 2 other phones, an og Droid and a Mytouch 4g, and both of them are having fc's. I still have yet to have one on my X with this ROM, so I dont know what would be causing them...
* Ok, I did just get an fc. It made my phone pretty much lock up for like a minute. But, I can tell you for sure its not rubiX causing it. My girls droid Has to have a battery pull when it acts up. There was an update to it yesterday I think, maybe it has to do with that...

I disagree with you on this statment. I haven't had a single problem with WWF on any other ROM but this ROM. I play multiple games all day long and have for over week on Darkslide. I truly love the Rubix ROM other then this problem though. Of course with every app and every ROM it seems to be phone specific but it is pretty obvious to me that if it works on the other ROMS that I've tried and it doesn't when this one is installed that it has to be something with the ROM, app, and my phone at least.

joshhendry

Reaction score
Then go back to your other rom... no need to be rude.
My brother and i have had a game going for 3 days with not one fc...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Ok that is great for you. I have had many games going for many days on the last ROM that I was on but that doesn't help me with this issue. I had the exact same problem when I tried the Rubix before the .1 update which is why I went back to my other ROM.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Not being rude but you shouldn't assume because you have problems with an APP that it is the APP and not the ROM. I'm not a newbie when it comes to this stuff and I try many different things before I even post something about it.

NeoandGeo

Reaction score
The issues people are having with WWF are not related to the ROM. Im playing it on 2 other phones, an og Droid and a Mytouch 4g, and both of them are having fc's. I still have yet to have one on my X with this ROM, so I dont know what would be causing them...
* Ok, I did just get an fc. It made my phone pretty much lock up for like a minute. But, I can tell you for sure its not rubiX causing it. My girls droid Has to have a battery pull when it acts up. There was an update to it yesterday I think, maybe it has to do with that...

I disagree with you on this statment. I haven't had a single problem with WWF on any other ROM but this ROM. I play multiple games all day long and have for over week on Darkslide. I truly love the Rubix ROM other then this problem though. Of course with every app and every ROM it seems to be phone specific but it is pretty obvious to me that if it works on the other ROMS that I've tried and it doesn't when this one is installed that it has to be something with the ROM, app, and my phone at least.

You are lucky. I believe it is an interaction with some other app. My cousin with stock Droid X has problems almost as bad as mine. Friend on LG Ally has many problems, though less severe, and me on RuBix having many problems.

joshhendry

Reaction score

You are lucky. I believe it is an interaction with some other app. My cousin with stock Droid X has problems almost as bad as mine. Friend on LG Ally has many problems, though less severe, and me on RuBix having many problems.

Yeah I agree with you. I have tried everything I can think of. I even went back to stock .340 and installed Rubix thinking I could add one app at a time and figure it out but my final try was just WWF as the first app and I had the same problems. I hope they figure it out because Rubix has everything I need and like in a ROM except this issue.

IamGod2U

Reaction score
Drod - Battery life on this ROM is SICK! I came from Liberty (a great ROM in and of itself), but I wasn't happy with the battery life. Rubix offers all of the same functionality as Liberty (granted using different methods), but the battery life on Rubix ABSOLUTELY KILLS Liberty.

I have a really terrible signal in my office at work, so my battery usually suffers because it is always searching for a signal. Yesterday was the first complete test for me. Phone was off the charger at 3:30am (way early because I hit the gym before work). I plugged it back in at 9:30pm and the battery was reading 70% in the status bar. Circle battery widget indicates that the battery was at 69%. For those of you bad with math, that's 70% remaining after 17 hours!! AMAZING!

The above was with moderate use. Several phone calls lasting 10 - 30 minutes, about an hour of web browsing, about an hour of fruit ninja, and about 40 texts.

THANK YOU DROD!!!
:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Well I am in a place with sucky reception too...
I am at 70% in four and a half hours. No phone calls. About 6 texts. No browsing. And that's with JuiceDefender on as well...
So, lets not get too excited. But it is an awesome ROM, the best out there.

PerCompLLC

Reaction score
Well I am in a place with sucky reception too...
I am at 70% in four and a half hours. No phone calls. About 6 texts. No browsing. And that's with JuiceDefender on as well...
So, lets not get too excited. But it is an awesome ROM, the best out there.
Sorry to hear that... Obviously different phones/setups will yield different results. But I can certainly get excited about my results! :)

Edit: I neglected to mention that I do have the Moto extended battery... That is probably a contributing factor.

TechJPC

Reaction score
Hi, just rooted and Bootstrapped my X. I want to install the latest Rubix.
My X is running Android 2.2.1.

Can I just dload this ROM and install ?

Fyi, I came from a rooted D1 and I've installed many ROMS on it.

Joe

dg4892

Reaction score
I just booted Rubix for the first time and before the Rubix splash boot screen showed up, Liberty showed up first... I'll post more in a little bit to let you know how this runs.

yes i backed up.
yes, I formatted and reset to factory.

PerCompLLC

Reaction score
I just booted Rubix for the first time and before the Rubix splash boot screen showed up, Liberty showed up first... I'll post more in a little bit to let you know how this runs.

yes i backed up.
yes, I formatted and reset to factory.

Liberty replaces the boot logo which is a separate process executed by the Liberty Toolbox scripts. In order to change the boot logo back to the Moto logo or something else, you will either need to boot back into Liberty and change it in the Liberty Toolbox, or do some research and do it yourself. I believe that there are several root apps in the market that will do it as well.

Hope this helps.

dg4892

Reaction score
Liberty replaces the boot logo which is a separate process executed by the Liberty Toolbox scripts. In order to change the boot logo back to the Moto logo or something else, you will either need to boot back into Liberty and change it in the Liberty Toolbox, or do some research and do it yourself. I believe that there are several root apps in the market that will do it as well.

Hope this helps.

Ahh,
Thanks a lot. It's not quite a big deal at the moment. I can certainly live with it but I'm sure I'll change this eventually, maybe I'll make my own sweet boot logo in Photoshop or something.

Gerginator

Reaction score
I'm having kind of a serious issue with the 2.0.1 update.

Every time I turn my phone on, its in a weird state that I would describe as somewhere between airplane mode and normal. I have no service, when I go to make a call it asks me to turn airplane mode off, but airplane mode is NOT ON. I also cannot toggle airplane mode on/off. If I check the box, it just hangs there and doesn't actually do it.

Also, Although I feel that it may be a by-product of the first issue, when I make or recieve calls, I get no sound (no dial tone, no voices, nothing) so even though I've called someone and I'm connected to them, I can't hear them at all. Tested both speakerphone and regular speaker.

ANY help of this would be much appreciated!

EDIT-------------
I restarted my phone again and this time it actually had airplane mode SELECTED ON when I booted the phone up, and no matter how long I wait, I can't get it to turn off. If I un-check the box, it says "enabling wireless connections" and just sits there. If I close out of the settings page and re-open it, it just goes back to being checked again. HELP!