rubiX Focused 2.0.1: UPDATED

joshhendry

Reaction score
Just upgraded to 2.0.1 last night. I'm still having issues with the 'Words with friends' app force closing.

WwF is just a piece of crap application. Crashes constantly on my Rubix Focused 2.0.1 and my wife's stock htc incredible. And judging by the reviews, everyone else's devices as well.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

I have had zero problems with WWF for the last week or so on Darkslide Rom. I had problems when I changed to Rubix 2.0 and I went back to Darkslide and had zero problems. I decided to try Rubix 2.0.1 to see if maybe it had been fixed and now I'm having fc all the time. There must be something with this ROM that doesn't work. Other then that this ROM is fantastic but I will change back to Darkslide if I can't use apps that I want to use.

cryptworks

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
OnePlus1 running CM 12.1
Amazing I work a twelve hour day while streaming music offer rhapsody the wile time and when I get off I'm usually around 60 percent if no music closer to 80% drod is a bray when it comes to speed, battery, life and shear usability

srsly? i just flashed rubix today but 80% after 12 hours just does not sound real to me is that with little or no use or what? also do u have extended battery?

i agree. i have the extended battery on my ex and i have gotten 10-12 hours out of every rom no matter which one it was. i dont believe it.

On 1.9.7 with the rubix supplied overclocker app i can get about 2 days with low usage, 18-20 hours with normal usage and the regular battery. it puts max clocks at 1265 so after about 12 hours im at 80ish % usually

zer0ed77

Reaction score
Wiped Cache Partition. Wiped Data/Factory Reset. Installed rubiX Focused 2.0.1. All seemed well. Coming from Liberty 1.5.

Problem, all the Wallpapers are simply black squares. Cannot apply any Wallpapers.

kwest12

Reaction score
Weird "issue" just arrose folks and I'm hoping there's a quick and easy explanation. I am coming from rubix 1.9.7 and going to rubix 2.0.1. I made backups using titanium backup and my backup pro (overly cautious, I know) and then booted into clockwork and made a nandroid backup. After the backup completed I wiped data, wiped cache, wiped dalvik cache and repeated (again, overly cautious, I know). I flashed the nandroid I made after my intial .340 OTA (and have successfully used many times now). I again double wiped the data, cache and dalvik cache and then flashed the rubix 2.0.1 zip and did one final cache wipe.

I booted and went through the usual process of entering my google account, leaving everything checked and the system booted as expected. I turned on Wifi and was surprised to see it still remembered all my wireless network and connected to the one that I had intended to enter the key for again: I've never had it remember this stuff... I jumped into the market and was surprised to see that I had a list of applications that were listed as "UPDATE" instead of "INSTALLED" (aka had downloaded and installed before I could open the market) or "DOWNLOADING". This indicated to me that previous versions of these apps were installed before the system booted and the market tried to reinstall all my apps, otherwise it would've just downloaded the most recent version of these apps (and I'm not just talking about stuff like gmail, maps, etc that may have come prackaged w/ rubix, I'm talking about very random apps that I have that would never come packaged in any rom ever lol).

Anyone have any clue what the heck is going on? I want to make sure I start without any leftover data as much as I possibly can (preferably without an sbf). Now I know that all this data shouldn't be still hanging around after all my excessive wiping in clockwork, so what gives? Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer assistance. :)

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Then go back to your other rom... no need to be rude.
My brother and i have had a game going for 3 days with not one fc...
I'm still having problems with Words With Friends being force closed all the time. I haven't had this problem with any other ROM. Anybody have an idea as to what would be causing this?

Ok that is great for you. I have had many games going for many days on the last ROM that I was on but that doesn't help me with this issue. I had the exact same problem when I tried the Rubix before the .1 update which is why I went back to my other ROM.

kwest12

Reaction score
Concerning my above post (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/drod2169-x/129313-rubix-focused-2-0-1-updated-34.html#post1353158) I just thought of something.

In previous romming, I've always flashed my OTA, then restarted, booted back into clockwork from there and THEN went about installing the new rom after a data & cache wipe....

This time I didn't reboot after installing the OTA, I simply did a wipe, stayed in clockwork and then installed rubix 2.0.1.... Is a restart into my OTA required before flashing a rom or something?

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Concerning my above post (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/drod2169-x/129313-rubix-focused-2-0-1-updated-34.html#post1353158) I just thought of something.

In previous romming, I've always flashed my OTA, then restarted, booted back into clockwork from there and THEN went about installing the new rom after a data & cache wipe....

This time I didn't reboot after installing the OTA, I simply did a wipe, stayed in clockwork and then installed rubix 2.0.1.... Is a restart into my OTA required before flashing a rom or something?

no, wiping data would remove all of that without the need to reboot. I think even installing stock ota in the middle there is a bit of overkill most of the time.

Do you have any apps in the preinstall folder of your sdcard. I know there is a script in rubix (never used it) to create a backup of all your apps from the command line. If you did that, I think they get automatically reinstalled on first bootup of a fresh rubix rom.

Wifi settings are stored in the google cloud when you have your stuff synced up to them...

kwest12

Reaction score
no, wiping data would remove all of that without the need to reboot. I think even installing stock ota in the middle there is a bit of overkill most of the time.

Do you have any apps in the preinstall folder of your sdcard. I know there is a script in rubix (never used it) to create a backup of all your apps from the command line. If you did that, I think they get automatically reinstalled on first bootup of a fresh rubix rom.

Wifi settings are stored in the google cloud when you have your stuff synced up to them...

I'll take a peek to make sure I don't have anything in the uninstall folder (I've never run that command line so I don't know why I would, but it never hurts to check). I didn't realize the wifi stuff was part of the info that was backing up... perhaps it has actually backed up in the past and I just manually deleted and re-did them all: good to know either way.

I'll go back and reflash the nandroid I made and give things another shot. Thanks for the quick reply.

tlozano09

Reaction score
Screen randomly dimming

I don't know if this has been mentioned but I have notices that my screen sometimes dims down and stays like that for about a minute, and I can't use the screen.
Its been happening about twice a daily recently.
Has anyone else experienced this?

kwest12

Reaction score
Ok this is becoming quite infuriating now. I've tried wiping, using a nandroid backup, wiping, reflashing, etc etc about 4 times now and each time I'm getting the old versions of about 15 apps and am being told that there's an update available and I have no clue why.

I've poked around on my sdcard and also in the system folder and I can't find anything showing the apps that seem to be installing with older version numbers (example, GO SMS installs with version 1.88 and tells me there's an update instead of installing the current version, 2.08 which I have on my phone right now). There are at least 15 or so apps that are doing this.

Here are my first 3 posts to catch you up if you want to help:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/drod2169-x/129313-rubix-focused-2-0-1-updated-34.html#post1353158

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/drod2169-x/129313-rubix-focused-2-0-1-updated-34.html#post1353179

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/drod2169-x/129313-rubix-focused-2-0-1-updated-34.html#post1353235

tlozano09

Reaction score
Ok this is becoming quite infuriating now. I've tried wiping, using a nandroid backup, wiping, reflashing, etc etc about 4 times now and each time I'm getting the old versions of about 15 apps and am being told that there's an update available and I have no clue why.

I've poked around on my sdcard and also in the system folder and I can't find anything showing the apps that seem to be installing with older version numbers (example, GO SMS installs with version 1.88 and tells me there's an update instead of installing the current version, 2.08 which I have on my phone right now). There are at least 15 or so apps that are doing this.

Here are my first 3 posts to catch you up if you want to help:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/drod2169-x/129313-rubix-focused-2-0-1-updated-34.html#post1353158

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/drod2169-x/129313-rubix-focused-2-0-1-updated-34.html#post1353179

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/drod2169-x/129313-rubix-focused-2-0-1-updated-34.html#post1353235

Hey man look up the froyo factory reset on google. I am almost positive this will help you with your phone not automatically resorting your apps that may be saved on googles servers
let me know if this helps

kwest12

Reaction score
Hey man look up the froyo factory reset on google. I am almost positive this will help you with your phone not automatically resorting your apps that may be saved on googles servers
let me know if this helps

Just to clarify your meaning which of the following are you suggesting:

1) Choose Settings > Privacy > Factory data reset
2) Allow phone to bootup and sit for a while so the google servers clear out the old data.
3) Re-root (if that clears root....)
4) Reflash my nandroid backup of rubix 1.9.7 and hopefully allow the google servers to grab the current data/apps
5) Wipe and flash rubix 2.0.1 as normal

Assuming the above info is correct, would you suggest that I do this from:
A) My current rubix 1.9.7 configuration, or
B) My nandroid backup of the 2.3.340 OTA

Thanks for your help.