rsdlite won't install

evolume

Reaction score
when i try to install it, it I get this message
An error occurred during the installation of assembly
'Microsoft.MSXML2,publicKeyToken=:6bd6b9abf345378f",version="4.1.0.0",type="win32",processorArchitecture="86'". Please refer to Help and Support for more information.

My phone is bricked from trying to install GB and I need to sbf. Please help.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Your OS version might be useful here. This first result from google when searching for "Microsoft.MSXML2,publicKeyToken=:6bd6b9abf345378f" would indicate as I suspected, it is probably something to do with your net framework. Read that for more info and make sure to ru windows update to make sure your up to date.

OP
evolume

evolume

Reaction score
I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. Thanks for the tip, I'll try repairing my .net framework and go from there.

OP
evolume

evolume

Reaction score
well, I just brought my phone to work and de-bricked it here instead. RSD Lite loaded up fine on my office computer. Still... not sure why my home computer wouldn't load it. I'll tinker with it more after work, following your advice and if I can get it to work, I'll post here. And thanks for your help. Once again, I'm impressed by how friendly and helpful this community is. :D

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Glad it worked but I would still look in to the home PC issue when you have time so that you have it ready to go should you soft brick the phone again. I hope this doesnt turn you off from trying to install custom roms. Roms like Liberty are much better then running stock!

OP
evolume

evolume

Reaction score
Oh, for sure. I was running Rubix Focused previously and it was BOSS. But I just really want to run the Netflix app and it wouldn't run on Rubix. and GB just looks sooo tasty.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's the tip i give most people who have an issue with sbf (trying on different computers).

Sent from my Liberated DROID2

OP
evolume

evolume

Reaction score
Glad it worked but I would still look in to the home PC issue when you have time so that you have it ready to go should you soft brick the phone again. I hope this doesnt turn you off from trying to install custom roms. Roms like Liberty are much better then running stock!

Well I tried repairing .net frame work, rebooting: still won't install.
I noticed another " .net framework extended" in add/remove programs, repaired that: still won't install
Tried right clicking the installer and clicking "troubleshoot compatibility": still won't install
Tried moving the installer off the desktop into "my documents" and installing from there: still won't install.

I'm running out of ideas...

Sithlrdvad

Reaction score
wow I am having the same problem with my Windows 7 computer. My work one runs RSD Lite, which is an XP, but my Windows 7 at home won't install.

Frustrating.