Phone won't boot after using Rom Manager

RighteousAura

Reaction score
Hi, I hope I am posting this under the right section. I was running the latest cyanogenmod and everything was working great until I tried to install the smoked glass-esque theme from the rom manager.. It gave an error during the install and after rebooting I am stuck at a blank white screen. It will not boot into recovery... Please help

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had a similar problem. What does a battery-pull and reboot get you?

OP
RighteousAura

RighteousAura

Reaction score
I had a similar problem. What does a battery-pull and reboot get you?

Instant white screen as soon as the battery is in. It doesn't even wait for me to hit the power button and it will not power off either. I have to remove the battery to shut it off.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you hold the "up" key when you put the battery in, does it change? Do you get the Bootloader screen? You may need to try an SBF restore.

OP
RighteousAura

RighteousAura

Reaction score
If you hold the "up" key when you put the battery in, does it change? Do you get the Bootloader screen? You may need to try an SBF restore.

Holding the up key worked to get me back into the bootloader screen so I could do a restore. Thank you!!!

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score

Holding the up key worked to get me back into the bootloader screen so I could do a restore. Thank you!!!

Shot in the dark. Glad it worked. There's not much you can do to permanently kill this phone....