RSDLite Problem

Soupy McD

Reaction score
Hey guys, noobie here.

So after realizing how big an idiot I was to not do my research before trying to root my phone (upgraded to Froyo on the Droid X, which as far as I know cannot be rooted yet), I want to reinstall the 2.1 .sbf which requires installing and using RSDLite for the bootloader.

Well, I can't even install RSDLite right now, for god knows what reason. I'm running Win7 x86, and keep getting this message: "An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.MSXML2,publicKeyToken='6bd6b9abf345378f',version='4.1.0.0',type=win32',processorArchitecture='x86'. Please refer to Help and Support for more information."

WTF? :icon_evil:

Windows seems up to date with all the latest...I don't get it. I can't find anyone else with this problem either on different forums (I've been googling the crap out of this problem for the last 2 hours). Can anyone help?

kstatenupe

Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/68222-unbricking-your-droid-x.html

Did you go to this thread and follow everythign to the letter? I went through this last night and it work like a charm.

I also have windows 7, so I had to open RSDlite as an admin (Shift Right Click)

Start over with this thread adn try it again. Make sure you have the correct sbf file and know where its located. I got mine off rapidshare if it helps.

OP
Soupy McD

Soupy McD

Reaction score
I haven't even gotten to that process yet. My phone isn't bricked...I just need to reload 2.1 so that I can successfully root it to 2.2.

The problem is RSD won't complete an install. It gets about 2/3 of the way completed and then craps out with that error message. I've updated my Windows SDK, installed the MS XML6 sdk's, but to no avail RSD will not install. I'm still looking for solutions and trying a few things...hopefully I can solve it by tonight. Until then, if anyone has had this problem...please let me know. I seem to be the only one.