Rooting now dangerous?

xxxsteveoxxx

Reaction score
If i root now will the upcoming OTA 2.2 update damage my phone. also what is the best 2.2 rom/ overclock kernal combo? im a newb and could use some help. just want a 2.2 rom that works and has wifi

JP 5.56

Reaction score
As of a couple days ago, I am a brand new root/rom user. I went with JRummy's Froyo Kangerade. I love it. A few little quirks or issues but nothing that I didn't eventually get through.

CajunDroid

Reaction score
I have been running 2.2 for about 2 weeks now on Froyo Kangerade kernal 2.6.32.9 , i haven't any problems except for the volume control will not go to vibrate just silent only inwhich i downloaded quick settings app from market that fixed it. I love the new speed and theme of my phone.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The main danger is that you will not be able to stop playing with your phone. The ability to change anything you wish is very, very additive.

I'm a Bugless Beast Froyo V0.2.1 fan. I run P3's 1.25Ghz kernel wide open. Heat is never an issue. On my Droid, this is a very, very good combination.

dmartins

Reaction score
If you want a step by step guide just use my signature.
It's for stock 2.2 with P3s kernels.
All you need is a PC with Windows and a Motorola Droid with 2.1.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
not at all... look at it this way.

i have never heard of someone actually messing their phone up to the extent where it cant be fixed.

and to be quite honest there are ALOT of people with rooted phones that have no clue what they are doing. I'm surprised some of them can even spell their name correctly.