Rooting- i did it but my supper user dosn't seem to work

OP
S

setlab

Reaction score
Ok I searched root explorer and found /system/app/superuser.apk and /data/dalvik-cache/[email protected]@classes.dex should I then delete these 2 files?

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just delete the superuser.apk for now and then try to install the market one. I would copy that .apk just in case though. But just delete that one and see if you can download

OP
S

setlab

Reaction score
Ok my superuser is deleted, but when I went to install the superuser from the market it says instalation error incompatable update. I'm asuming it isn't compatable with 2.2?

OP
S

setlab

Reaction score
I think it's froyo but I don't see in my about phone section anything that says froyo; just android version 2.2. Since I updated my phone I have a better flash player too so I think that's what it is.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
2.2 is Froyo so you should have it. Download the .apk right above the barcode and install to root of SD card. Once you've done that, I'll tell you the next steps unless you'd rather me just explain it now. It's pretty simple

OP
S

setlab

Reaction score
Just for the heck of it I restarted my phone and tried downloading superuser again and it worked this time! Thanks a lot for your help, surly I would have been cussing my phone out by now if it wasn't for you :biggrin:

Now, fingers crossed I can find a wifi tethering app and get it running in the first try.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ah, you just reminded me, when you make changes to the system you have to reboot. I completely forgot. I'm so glad you tried that because I wouldn't have remembered that and I would have felt extremely bad if we couldn't get it working and I had you delete the current superuser and no longer had one. But you're welcome:) I'm glad everything worked out okay.

Also, if the tethering doesn't work, it might be due to the type of kernel you have. The kernel has to support it, for whatever reason.