Rooted D2 bearing several bugs after 2.3 update

Junside

Reaction score
Firstly, I didn't root my phone according to instructions from this site or xda. It was on a blog. So I do not know if those instructions were faulty.

Strangely, when I try to use ROM Manager, and download a free one by Matt4542, it says "Error occurred while downloading ROM list! Please contact the developer of this ROM". I also tried simply downloading a ROM from my PC, and then it wouldn't even go into ClockWorkMod Recovery, it just moves on to stock boot animation.

Okay, fine. My phone still has full functionality. And apps that require root like Screenshot and ROM Manager still work, so I assume my phone acknowledges root.

Now, I rooted when my D2 was 2.2(or 2.2.3 I can't remember. It was before 2.3) and I went through with the most recent OTA update.

Now these are my bugs:

When screen goes black after idle period, and I try to immediately turn it back on via power button, it's not responsive until about 30 seconds later.

Home screen is not responsive sometimes, and takes about 30 seconds to appear.

Touch screen goes berserk occasionally, but that could just be moisture build-up from the cold weather.

What can I do to fix these issues, if there are known solutions? I'm fine with unrooting my D2 as rooting itself is excessive to functionality to me. Overall, my phone has slowed down a lot. I'm not exactly sure what the issue is. I have minimal widgets and shortcuts on my home screens, apps that run are Sketch Online, Battery Improve, Skype, and standard MotoBlur features.

mza929

Reaction score
Firstly, I didn't root my phone according to instructions from this site or xda. It was on a blog. So I do not know if those instructions were faulty.

Strangely, when I try to use ROM Manager, and download a free one by Matt4542, it says "Error occurred while downloading ROM list! Please contact the developer of this ROM". I also tried simply downloading a ROM from my PC, and then it wouldn't even go into ClockWorkMod Recovery, it just moves on to stock boot animation.

Okay, fine. My phone still has full functionality. And apps that require root like Screenshot and ROM Manager still work, so I assume my phone acknowledges root.

Now, I rooted when my D2 was 2.2(or 2.2.3 I can't remember. It was before 2.3) and I went through with the most recent OTA update.

Now these are my bugs:

When screen goes black after idle period, and I try to immediately turn it back on via power button, it's not responsive until about 30 seconds later.

Touch screen goes berserk occasionally, but that could just be moisture build-up from the cold weather.

What can I do to fix these issues, if there are known solutions? I'm fine with unrooting my D2 as rooting itself is excessive to functionality to me. Overall, my phone has slowed down a lot. I'm not exactly sure what the issue is. I have minimal widgets and shortcuts on my home screens, apps that run are Sketch Online, Battery Improve, Skype, and standard MotoBlur features.

you might want t to try flashing a new ROM... ApeX is pretty sweet and has pretty much no issues.

Oh and rom manager doesn't really have any d2 roms.. you have to download them direct. then follow their directions.

holmes6

Reaction score

Now these are my bugs:

2.3 OTA update for Droid 2? Is that 2.3.20? or am I missing something?

The whole version thing is starting to make me crazy, why on earth droid2 2.3.20 is running Android 2.2 for starters? Wouldn't it make more sense to call revisions to android 2.2 something like 2.2.1 2.2.2 2.2.3? And to compound it ROMs seem to use that more intuitive system so you have 3 different systems all conflicting..
sry for rant, forgot to take my meds today