phone will not except .sbf after rooting

03sonoma

Reaction score
phone will not except .sbf after rooting failure

So last night I used Z4 root to root the d2. Root went well everything was working right until i tried to install a theme from liberty. I went to reboot after theme installed phone froze at start up screen. So I got to reboot screen then did factory reset and wipe. Since then phone will not do anything I have tried to flash rom with sbf from rsd lite it executes then says fail. Its almost like it doesnt recognize my phone, also tried to unzip from sd card and it says no files found. Thanks in advance and any help would be appreciated

Last edited:
OP

03sonoma

Reaction score
I would just like to get it back to stock and then try it all again

bluidvl

Reaction score
I feel your pain. I have the same thing right now. I went with the super on click a couple weeks ago and everything was fine until I tried the liberty ROM "mysterious beast".

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So last night I used Z4 root to root the d2. Root went well everything was working right until i tried to install a theme from liberty. I went to reboot after theme installed phone froze at start up screen. So I got to reboot screen then did factory reset and wipe. Since then phone will not do anything I have tried to flash rom with sbf from rsd lite it executes then says fail. Its almost like it doesnt recognize my phone, also tried to unzip from sd card and it says no files found. Thanks in advance and any help would be appreciated

K, you don't unzip anything and you don't flash a Rom with RSD you flash .sbf files.

Did you install RSDlite and the correct drivers for your PC, 32/64 bit?

OP

03sonoma

Reaction score
I fixed it thanks for the help guys I redownloaded the sbf and used rsdlite it took a while but worked just fine now running liberty. Thanks again for the help

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

prince1071

Reaction score
I have this problem too, where it starts the SBF process then immediately stops and says "FAIL"...only thing is I tried to SBF prior to this and it showed "100% Successful" but it stays stuck in a bootloop, on the red M....now it wont take the SBF files I've tried...RSD doesn't recognize the other SBF files when I select them...(the start button isnt active)....Can I get out of this???

Reaction score
One thing to do is get winrar or something similar and verify the archive, generally if mine fails its either a fluke or a bad sbf...

You have just been post-pwned.