1 click root method of D2 works flawlessly!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm using Macbook pro

I followed everything guide says. It say here as an error

./doroot.sh: line ###: ./adb: cannot execute binary file

### means there whole list of em are all in error.

That means sdk needs to update?

It looks easy enough, I was going to try it until this post. I have an iMac.

It is very easy Hook! Just go to a friends pc for a few minutes.

I got a PC right next to my mac. I refuse to use it. If there is a 1 click method for Mac, I might give it a try. Anybody have success with a Mac yet?

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
great.. i never got the your are now rooted message on the cmd window and it said failed so i restarted my phone and now it wont boot up its got a black screen with
bootloader
d2.35

battery OK
OK to program
Transfer Mode:
USB

NM figured it out, it was just because i left the usb cord plugged in after i rebooted the phone.. i did the process again and it worked and i have the super user icon in the apps menu

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
great.. i never got the your are now rooted message on the cmd window and it said failed so i restarted my phone and now it wont boot up its got a black screen with bootloader d2.35

battery OK
OK to program
Transfer Mode:
USB

and thats it

Post up on this issue in the appropriate area of the rescue squad. See if they can help.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I won't do it but I'm beginning to think the title of this thread for 1 click root should be renamed to "almost" flawlessly.;)

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
great.. i never got the your are now rooted message on the cmd window and it said failed so i restarted my phone and now it wont boot up its got a black screen with bootloader d2.35

battery OK
OK to program
Transfer Mode:
USB

and thats it

Post up on this issue in the appropriate area of the rescue squad. See if they can help.
i figured it out, thanks though!

OP
MrKleen

MrKleen

Reaction score
I won't do it but I'm beginning to think the title of this thread for 1 click root should be renamed to "almost" flawlessly.;)

I would agree with you if it were not for the fact that it did work flawlessly for me the very first time I tried it. :)

solracquito

Reaction score
The first time i tried it did not work but it was because i didnt update SDK. The second time it worked flawlessly like MrKleen says. I think the oneclick method is the way to go. Thanks.

tgs3838

Reaction score
Well it doesnt look super hard. But i better hold off. I messed up my D1 by messing around with this kinda stuff. I wanna root my d2. But Iv been waiting. Hoping that maybe another one click app will come out like it has for some of the other phones.

OP
MrKleen

MrKleen

Reaction score
Well it doesnt look super hard. But i better hold off. I messed up my D1 by messing around with this kinda stuff. I wanna root my d2. But Iv been waiting. Hoping that maybe another one click app will come out like it has for some of the other phones.

I've rooted my Droid 1 and now my Droid 2. I held off for a few weeks because I had been reading things were not as easy as they were with the D1.

But as I read these instructions I figured I could handle one click... :) First I installed the SDK software and then put the 4 files in the tools folder on my computer like the instruction said. Connected the phone to the computer and switched it to pc mode.... then one click! It took about a minute and then it was done!

The only way it could be easier is if the phones came rooted from Verizon.

But I understand, I was nervous beforehand myself.

A lot of people have read this thread, if anyone else has also done this please share with others how easy it was!

diemaster

Reaction score
i cannot get mine to work. it stops for a min at "checking for device..." then about a min later it finds a "015D674008037018 device" and almost imedatly says "root failed".

i got the SDK running in the background and i also get the "adb connection will be reset. restart adb server on desktop and re-login" message. idh what i'm suposed to do at that point.

EDIT: NVM i got it working also. on the main page you sould mention that the phone needs to be pluged driectly into a usb port on the computer NOT THOUGH A HUB. thisis all i changed and it was, as evreyone else says, easy as one click.

Last edited:

tgs3838

Reaction score

I've rooted my Droid 1 and now my Droid 2. I held off for a few weeks because I had been reading things were not as easy as they were with the D1.

But as I read these instructions I figured I could handle one click... :) First I installed the SDK software and then put the 4 files in the tools folder on my computer like the instruction said. Connected the phone to the computer and switched it to pc mode.... then one click! It took about a minute and then it was done!

A lot of people have read this thread, if anyone else has also done this please share with others how easy it was!

Well Im sure Ill do it soon either way. But sometimes i get nervous. It doesnt look hard. But if someone can screw something up its me

OP
MrKleen

MrKleen

Reaction score
Well Im sure Ill do it soon either way. But sometimes i get nervous. It doesnt look hard. But if someone can screw something up its me

LOL, I hear ya! I felt the same way myself as I was reading through the various ways of rooting this phone. It took me 3 weeks of having the phone before finally giving it a go.

I gave myself time and was prepared to have problems... :) I installed the SDK and moved the 4 files into the tools folder, connected the phone.... blah blah... and built up the courage to click the file.

And when I did... it worked!

Now I'm having fun flashing roms again, and can't wait till they crack that bootloader!

darkonion

Reaction score

The program was written with ease of use in mind. It either works, or it doesn't. If it doesn't work, run it again. If it fails, no harm done, except you lost maybe 20 minutes of your life.

tgs3838

Reaction score
Well i went a head and did it. Once i read the direction closely it really was pretty simple. So far seems like everything went ok

evilsock

Reaction score
ok it says i ned to be in pc mode and usb debugging in notification bar, but when i enter pc mode the usb debugging icon dissappears. which is it??? also when it says adb connetion will be reset what do i need to do? it says re log in

Last edited: