1 click root method of D2 works flawlessly!

ret

Reaction score
Did this yesterday and it worked great. I had to kill the cmd a few times and start over, but third time was a charm. Took maybe 20 minutes total, at which point I downloaded Epic and had that operational on my D2 within another half hour.

@evilsock, check out the video posted below the directions. The one by darkonion was especially helpful. You're essentially just running the command and just letting it do it's thing. If it doesn't work, or takes forever (forever relative to 5 minutes being the suggested time, use your own descretion), just kill it and run again.

darkonion

Reaction score
ok it says i ned to be in pc mode and usb debugging in notification bar, but when i enter pc mode the usb debugging icon dissappears. which is it??? also when it says adb connetion will be reset what do i need to do? it says re log in

What you can do is go to Charge Only mode and hope to get USB debugging or... go setting --> applications --> development --> Disable usb debugging, then enabled it again.

As for the adb connection will be reset, do nothing. Let the thing run its course.

darkonion

Reaction score
do i need a MAC for this or will any laptop work?

We keep putting out new versions. Mac or Linux is ideal. Less steps really. But the windows version will work. I also linked to a one-click for Windows in the thread somewhere.

OP
MrKleen

MrKleen

Reaction score
I had to do an sbf Saturday and after that was all done it was nice to be able to count on this "one click" you set us up with Darkonion! Thanks!

darkonion

Reaction score
Just released a new 2.2.1 version for Linux and Mac. I also added an easy to use, user interface. Check it out!

OP
MrKleen

MrKleen

Reaction score
Question for admins. Should I delete this thread since it refers to work by a member of team defuse? Also links to a different forum... there are many other threads and posts that will also need to be deleted. I will delete my original post but you admins will have to delete the rest.

bobby_v

Reaction score
This is a pleasant surprise . . . I haven't visited the forums here in a while and was glad to see all the work put in to rooting the D2.

Nice job guys.