Rooted with Update

servantofelyon

Reaction score
Hey all, I've seen several people posting questions and wondering whether or not the newest update that came out (2.3.2) would change the root process and other things. That being said, I can confirm that on the Droid 2, rooting using the 'Easy 1-2-3 Root Process for D2' (link found below) does in fact still work. I had to try it 4 times but it did eventually root.

Also nothing has changed in the /system/media folder to keep one from changing the boot animation, and the .zip downloadable here still permits you to change your boot logo.

Hope someone finds this helpful!

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-hacks/80559-easy-1-2-3-root-process-d2-windows-linux-mac-coming-soon.html

joker3572

Reaction score
ok i did this and it says it worked but when i go to run titanium backup it say i dont have root access is there something im missing? It was rooted before the update and i lost it after

OP
S

servantofelyon

Reaction score
I lost root during the update as well. So when you ran the shell script it completed and said it was successful? If that is the case I don't know of anything you could have missed. My only experience is that it failed 3 times before it finally rooted.

*edit* If the root was successful, it should have placed the 'Superuser' app in your app drawer. It may be that you haven't initiated that and allowed the command. If you haven't done so already, try downloading a Terminal emulator from the market. Once you have it, type in
'su' (no quotes) and if you are rooted, it should return a number sign (#).
Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

CD95YJ

Reaction score
There are several ways to restore root after upgrading. I have seen some post wiping cache and data after the update works, myself I went back into the adk and ran doroot, but another option that may work just fine is the z4root (available from the market) becauase it has a repair root feature, but I cannot confirm the z4 option since I am already running the upgrade and rooted

OP
S

servantofelyon

Reaction score
Oh I figured there were! I just could only attest for the version I tried.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
And I also want to mention the z4Root free in the Market works as well too. Thats a 1 touch root app.

Soxfan913

Reaction score
After the update you will lose root. I just re-rooted using the superoneclick method. Worked on the first try.