Rooted Bolt owners in Rockford Il Area

cutiedroid

Reaction score
@Pansy, way to go! You're still braver than I am.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

ziggy484

Reaction score
Hi all... I just want to chime in on the whole "anybody can do it" conversation. I decided to root my tbolt to get rid of bloat, and did it. However, it's not for the faint of heart !!

For a total newbie to rooting (and a grandma), let me tell you that some of you take some things for granted. For example, the first line of the tutorial is "this requires adb"... So, you have to find adb, then discover that you have to install java SDK first... Anyway... I can see why a person might want to hire someone to help or to do it for them.

Youtube videos made it possible for me. The first time you flash and the errors come up saying "rom not found", etc, would have scared the crap out of me if I hadn't seen them.

Just my 2¢ worth.
Pansy

Sent from my rooted T'bolt using DroidForums

Sorry, but its just a matter of doing research and then following directions perfectly, yes its a little scary, but thats what it takes if you want to go beyond stock... Period

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

ziggy484

Reaction score
Please don't presume you know me. I have educated myself and there are things in the process I do not understand fully. Besides the fact if you were able to comprehend, I never solicited for some to do it for me but to educate me. Again I appreciate the comments but please stop trolling.

Im not trolling, how about you stop posting creepy requests for people to meet you in person and do things for money... Nobody is interested in anything like that, and any responses you do get are creepy and inappropriate as well. Once again, hacking these phones is easy if you take the time to read up first, its not a roof, do it yourself

What kind of reply is this? Why would you call it "creepy" for this person to want to talk to like-equipped people for a mutual exchange of information? Are you so young that you don't remember computer clubs, starting out as strangers, getting together to learn the ups and downs of early PCs? It had nothing to do with being "creepy". And if the OP wants to pay someone to teach him what is wrong with that?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

This isnt a computer club, its not hard to root/rom, all the needed info is right here... And it is creepy, I dont see anyone else making those kind of requests

OP
Wonmotyme

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
Thanks to all who were nice and to the other one. Good luck to you in life. I hope big brother doesn't catch ya! Peace.

ziggy484

Reaction score
Thanks to all who were nice and to the other one. Good luck to you in life. I hope big brother doesn't catch ya! Peace.

Huhh??? Big brother? What planet are you on?

OP
Wonmotyme

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
Lol, Try reading (wait you have already demonstrated your comprehension skills rival those of a primary school student) I'm bored with your antics, thanks for the laughs, while it was fun.

QUAGMIRE

Reaction score
[ROOT] MR1/OTA PermRoot + Unlock Bootloader - Safer/Easier 5/12/2011 - xda-developers this is all you need to root your device read the entire original post and follow all directions you will be alright and put your wallet away

Thanks for the info! Helped a lot! So far so good, now onward to ROMs etc.

no problem man and there is a thunderbolt forum link floating around somewhere here if you need more help

QUAGMIRE

Reaction score

Huhh??? Big brother? What planet are you on?

ziggy just stop you stated your opinion if you got nothing helpful to add to the op then dont speak at all "Plain and simple"