Rooted Bolt owners in Rockford Il Area

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
I need to root my bolt because I am about to go crazy with all the issues I am having with it. If you are in the area and have some free time to educate me and want a little extra $. Hit me up. I would appreciate the help.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
Wonmotyme

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
I understand rooting void the manufacturer's warranty but does it affect the insurance I carry on it? Also, if there is a mishap such as broken screen etc is there a way to get it back to factory so I could turn it in for a claim?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I understand rooting void the manufacturer's warranty but does it affect the insurance I carry on it? Also, if there is a mishap such as broken screen etc is there a way to get it back to factory so I could turn it in for a claim?

Insurance does not care if your phone was rooted....
Warranty Does.....

OP
Wonmotyme

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
Thank you both! Will be doing in the next couple days. I will let you know how it goes.

xrstoy1

Reaction score
I need to root my bolt because I am about to go crazy with all the issues I am having with it. If you are in the area and have some free time to educate me and want a little extra $. Hit me up. I would appreciate the help.

I have my Bolt rooted and lifr pretty close PM me if you want....

ziggy484

Reaction score
Its not that hard to figure out how to root any phone, especially with all these forums... Seems strange you would pay someone to show you how to root your phone. Btw, rooting alone wont fix anything, its what you do after you root

OP
Wonmotyme

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
I am a very overly cautious person when it comes to my belongings. If I don't feel comfortable making adjustments myself, then I have no problem seeking out someone that has more experience than myself and paying out a little. In my opinion a safer bet with my money. (if I had an issue with say my roof of my home, I'm not going to do it myself. I'm not versed in that area) as far as it not fixing the problems, I am very well aware but you have to go through a before you get to b. Thanks for your thoughts.

bernardino5

Reaction score
Hey ill b rooting mine as well just so don't feel left out got some homework to do.

"ThuNd3rB0lT"

ziggy484

Reaction score
Hey ill b rooting mine as well just so don't feel left out got some homework to do.

"ThuNd3rB0lT"

Yeah but its still strange... Its not a roof, its a phone. And nobody is a pro at this stuff because its all hacking, so you could very well pay someone to brick your phone. Take the time to learn about your phone instead of throwing your money around.

OP
Wonmotyme

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
Please don't presume you know me. I have educated myself and there are things in the process I do not understand fully. Besides the fact if you were able to comprehend, I never solicited for some to do it for me but to educate me. Again I appreciate the comments but please stop trolling.

ziggy484

Reaction score
Please don't presume you know me. I have educated myself and there are things in the process I do not understand fully. Besides the fact if you were able to comprehend, I never solicited for some to do it for me but to educate me. Again I appreciate the comments but please stop trolling.

Im not trolling, how about you stop posting creepy requests for people to meet you in person and do things for money... Nobody is interested in anything like that, and any responses you do get are creepy and inappropriate as well. Once again, hacking these phones is easy if you take the time to read up first, its not a roof, do it yourself

OP
Wonmotyme

Wonmotyme

Reaction score

Last edited:

Pansy

Reaction score
Hi all... I just want to chime in on the whole "anybody can do it" conversation. I decided to root my tbolt to get rid of bloat, and did it. However, it's not for the faint of heart !!

For a total newbie to rooting (and a grandma), let me tell you that some of you take some things for granted. For example, the first line of the tutorial is "this requires adb"... So, you have to find adb, then discover that you have to install java SDK first... Anyway... I can see why a person might want to hire someone to help or to do it for them.

Youtube videos made it possible for me. The first time you flash and the errors come up saying "rom not found", etc, would have scared the crap out of me if I hadn't seen them.

Just my 2¢ worth.
Pansy

Sent from my rooted T'bolt using DroidForums

cutiedroid

Reaction score

Im not trolling, how about you stop posting creepy requests for people to meet you in person and do things for money... Nobody is interested in anything like that, and any responses you do get are creepy and inappropriate as well. Once again, hacking these phones is easy if you take the time to read up first, its not a roof, do it yourself

What kind of reply is this? Why would you call it "creepy" for this person to want to talk to like-equipped people for a mutual exchange of information? Are you so young that you don't remember computer clubs, starting out as strangers, getting together to learn the ups and downs of early PCs? It had nothing to do with being "creepy". And if the OP wants to pay someone to teach him what is wrong with that?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums