Root_Access Now What? How far can I go? Need Cool Ideas

AndyDroid280

Reaction score
Anyone out there if ya have any sugestions on some very cool things I can do with my now Rooted Phone please share anything you'd think or better yet "know" is cool. All advice is appreciated.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Are you interested in ROMs? That's the first thing I would do.

Before doing so though, check out Titanium Backup.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Theres a bunch of stuff in my sig that will help you find other things to do

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

OP
AndyDroid280

AndyDroid280

Reaction score
Thanx guys especially Abe and all the different links. Got one question: Will Overclocking the CPU in anyway potentially harm it (Given the golden rule that overclocking too far will be the demise of your device.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Thanx guys especially Abe and all the different links. Got one question: Will Overclocking the CPU in anyway potentially harm it (Given the golden rule that overclocking too far will be the demise of your device.
I've never heard of a CPU being burnt out from overclocking. For the most part, if you stay within a reasonable range for overclocking, it's safe and shouldn't have any long term effects on the CPU. Usually if it goes too far the phone tends to restart or do some other crazy stuff, but don't worry it won't catch fire:D

OP
AndyDroid280

AndyDroid280

Reaction score
COOL Thanx I always wondered if it shortened the CPU's life. Nice my phone's performing good but why not make it better?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
COOL Thanx I always wondered if it shortened the CPU's life. Nice my phone's performing good but why not make it better?
I did overclock for a bit, but realized that the speed difference wasn't noticeable and that battery life took a more noticeable hit. That's just me though. For my personal use, the benefits didn't outweigh the negatives.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OC too much, from my experience, will only appear in the battery life. Some OC speeds aren't stable so it'll really start to lag and what not, so just don't set at boot so you can battery pull to reset it.

OP
AndyDroid280

AndyDroid280

Reaction score
See Overclocking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Also see the section "Risks" under there.

Idk man were talkin microprocessers here that link was about a desktop pc and along with microprocesser it would be just a mininum overclock which will create more heat but I don't think enough to cook my device or a serious decrease in battery and if things start force closing ya just set it back to default CPU Speed and alll is well.