Hi! I have some interesting ideas...

Shanged

Reaction score
II) Non-continuous Screen Lock Patterns - Ever wanted to make a design pattern for your screen lock that has a minimum of 4 dots, but didn't have to be continuous? I think this will also increase security measures.

III) Delete Gallery Folder - Ever wanted to just wipe out a full folder of pictures, instead of individually? I think this would be a cool feature. I know it can be done alternatively through other apps, but it would be nice to have the feature ready from the native system.

Yes Please.

billyidle

Reaction score
So for 987th time, why do you feel everything must be native. Why is personal choice and customization so wrong to you? I prefer choice, I prefer having an expensive device exactly as I want it. With your way, that becomes impossible. Not to mention, taking work and potential customers away from the devleopers is a sure fire way to kill the market.

OP
W
Reaction score
So for 987th time, why do you feel everything must be native. Why is personal choice and customization so wrong to you? I prefer choice, I prefer having an expensive device exactly as I want it. With your way, that becomes impossible. Not to mention, taking work and potential customers away from the devleopers is a sure fire way to kill the market.

Sorry. Your logic has me puzzled. You think new features are making the phone more for me, than you? That sounds selfish. Do you know the developers created this phone/OS, with neither of us personally in mind?

I find it very amusing the amount of emotion thrown toward me for suggestion. I don't know whats worst, suggesting new features, or telling a 16 year old girl you hate Twilight.

Besides, for the 1000th time, do you not know what OPTION is? There are options on your phone that you aren't using at the moment, simply because you don't care for it. Gonna call Google and complain that they didn't make the phone personally for you?

Now you stop the attacks, or I'm gonna copy and paste loop's post, which is a "end of discussion" post.

billyidle

Reaction score
LOL, first it was "google doesn't want us enhancing.." now it's "google didn't design the OS for us."
Ok, I'll bite. Who did the developers create this for?
Like I said, I enjoy choice and customization, and within a few weeks, so will you.

M

Matth3w

Good luck billy. This guy amazes....himself only... With his condescension and pushy attitude towards everyone.

I think clearly we have wasted two pages falling for what is sure to be a troll. No possible way this guy is for real.

We get it, Coffe, you want everything in your perfect phone world to be included on the phone from the manufacturer (by the way, just because it can be turned off doesn't mean it doesn't take up space...and we have also seen how they do things that we don't use...like Corporate Calendar running even though I have NEVER started that program ONCE) and anyone that disagrees with you is an idiot. You say you wanted both good and bad comments but really all you were looking for was people to come in and shower you with praise.

M

Matth3w

Ohhhhh... ok sport... you win... ;)

Several times, in fact over and over, you seem to dismiss the point that a lot of the things you requested/wished for could be accomplished with market place apps by saying that it wasn't "native". Why would it matter where the feature came from? It seems that your logic would mean that I should not be pleased that I was able to download and use a fantastic browser like xScope because it wasn't "native". The ability and functionality is what's important. Not how it got on the phone.

And btw, in any discussion/argument the first person to start "calling the party names" loses. That would be you.
Good post, Fisher.

OP
W
Reaction score
LOL, first it was "google doesn't want us enhancing.." now it's "google didn't design the OS for us."
Ok, I'll bite. Who did the developers create this for?
Like I said, I enjoy choice and customization, and within a few weeks, so will you.

Ok this whole "Ok, I'll bite" thing is tripping me out. "Who did the developers create this for?" You misread a lot. I will quote myself:

...with neither of us personally in mind? ...

note:... i kind of emphasized the key word there... hope it isn't too big for you to read

On to the next one...

btw... might I point out... you and Matth3w... are very similar... hmmm (double account? LOL who knows?... find out next time on Droidsy Shore)

Good luck billy. This guy amazes....himself only... With his condescension and pushy attitude towards everyone.

I think clearly we have wasted two pages falling for what is sure to be a troll. No possible way this guy is for real.

We get it, Coffe, you want everything in your perfect phone world to be included on the phone from the manufacturer (by the way, just because it can be turned off doesn't mean it doesn't take up space...and we have also seen how they do things that we don't use...like Corporate Calendar running even though I have NEVER started that program ONCE) and anyone that disagrees with you is an idiot. You say you wanted both good and bad comments but really all you were looking for was people to come in and shower you with praise.

Good luck billy. This guy amazes....himself only...

Flattering... you noticed I amaze myself, thus you witnessed the amazedness... thats a win! :heart:

...With his condescension and pushy attitude towards everyone...

Oh you mean this?...

Did you know you spelled "coffee" wrong in your username?

More importantly, I highly doubt the developers of the OS are reading this forum and interested in your ideas. I know that sounds mean, but it's most likely 99% true.

... I really don't care for all that show off stuff. I want my phone to operate as quick as possible with the least amount of bull**** possible...

In the end it really doesn't matter what you think, because no one is going to implement this based on your thread. Sorry

Now imagine if you take all your ideas and other ideas and start adding all that crap...

:icon_eek:

Now Matthew... I totally get you... your a young man... active in the Army (very cool, kudos), a very active contributing member on the site (938 posts... joined Jan, 9th, 010...) written a helpful guide (kudos), all round contributing "straight-foward" member. Thing is, I'm not sure if anyone here actually stood against your sour ways, either 'cus a) they don't care that much, or b) you haven't displayed it much. With all the nice credentials I listed, I would assume you have a little "online ego"... thing is... I may just be time enough for your sourness. You know how the football team jock, gets staged by the new kid? Its that typical Disney situation going on here, its just its been facaded by a device suggestive situation. You just have to be more tasteful, classy, and tactful with your disagreements, or disapprovals. But don't worry, you can go chill with the other teammates, I won't try and correct you...

Mathew got *Cough* Owned. lmao...

Oooh and I know that didn't help much... :heart:

OP
W
Reaction score
Most people will not go to the 'trouble' that we have gone too to make the phone rock and roll. When I sit down with an average user and tell them all the crud I have done with the phone to make it superior they glaze over. And these people make up the bulk of the market.

So...I think that Android will have to continually improve...by addition...in order to appeal to a wider audience.

EoD post right here.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ok one once a bunch of native apps the other dont agree to disagree and just let this thread die already

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
but when matth3w was disagreeing with you it has turned into a school yard argument....do you want to hear other people's opinions or the opinions of those that agree with you.

OP
W
Reaction score
but when matth3w was disagreeing with you it has turned into a school yard argument....do you want to hear other people's opinions or the opinions of those that agree with you.

I hope that wasn't directed at me, if it was... you need to do a thread recap. Actually, read the first two pages. School arguments? Really? Show me the school you compare these disagreements to. Heck I even told everyone I was open to all opinions.

This is tiring. Goodnight. Internet is not that serious as some perceive.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
:work1::closed_2: this is my last post on this cuz u stuck n ur ways....good luck im out

OP
W
Reaction score
:work1::closed_2: this is my last post on this cuz u stuck n ur ways....good luck im out

So there you have it folks, don't agree with someone, and you are "stuck n ur ways"...

So, lets segue back to the main topic.

You have any ideas you would like to see in future developments of the Android OS?