What can I use w/my wife as a Grocery list??

Moondonkey

Reaction score
yeah.. I mean't our groceries... sorry for the confusion.

I think you can use our groceries between a droid and iphone as well.

OP
Jer

Jer

Reaction score
I just loaded AK Notepad. Simple and works great.

That was the first one I tried out a while back and as I stated I don't like the way it emails the text of the edits. Too messy and too clumsy.

To those who suggested it: Our Groceries ended up being exactly what we were looking for. Thanks!

Erich_F

Reaction score
I was looking into a solution for this also. I came up with using Google Tasks since I don't use it for anything else. In Gmail on your computer, on the left is TASKS (right below Contacts). Just make your list their. Then on the Droid I did a shortcut bookmark to tasks. The good thing about this way is you can check them off as you get the items into your cart.

I really like that idea, but I can't seem to find my Google Tasks on my Droid...wonder where it went???

What did you shortcut to, exactly?

Erich

Crewski

Reaction score
Sadly, there isn't an app for that, so this is what I did (referring to Google Tasks)
1. Navigate to google.com on the droid's browser
2. Above where it says Google, you'll see images, local, news, and more. Click the more and then select Tasks from the drop down
3. You may have to sign into google at this point if you haven't done so already
4. Once in tasks, save it as a bookmark by hitting settings->bookmark->add
5. Once you have it saved as a bookmark, you can put a shortcut to it on droid's home screen by doing long press->shortcut->bookmark->task

Hope this helps

Erich_F

Reaction score
Thanks for that info...I was thinking that accessing through the Browser is an option.

However, I found an App to sync Google Tasks..."gTask" I am about to try it now...

Erich

Crewski

Reaction score
Good call on gTasks. Since this app syncs with Google Tasks, I don't have to worry about not getting reception in the middle of the grocery store. I just have to remember to sync it before I walk in.

Erich_F

Reaction score
Yeah, try out gTask...it works well. Sync is a little slow, but less than 30 seconds or so. The sync works in both directions, too. You can create/view multiple task lists, which makes this a perfect simple grocery list tool.

There's also gDocs, which does the same with your Google Documents.

Thanks for the heads up!

Erich

Terra

Reaction score
gtasks is in beta form, but works well with the droid and syncs with google tasks with relative ease. It also has a 2 x 2 widget that you can put on your home screen that displays your notes.

For a more sophisticated planner, I recommend either ActionComplete, or Astrid (both free apps). These two apps have the ability to set long term projects or tasks, and Astrid can sync those tasks with your google calender. Astrid also ha a widget, which displays your tasks and they can be as general or as detailed as you want. ActionComplete has a task specfic location feature that uses your GPS to calculate your position and remind you of a related task. This feature, however, does drain you battery more quickly, and does have a slight learning curve(AC provides an instruction manual on the developers website). Moreover, this feature mimics the one found on remember the milk, which requires a $25 annual membership fee once the free trial expires.

Another useful app that I use is called CalWidget, which syncs to your gmail calender and displays your agenda in a 2x1 up to a 4 x 4 home screen widget. It is more useful than the default calender widget because since you can customize the size, in essense you control the amount of information that is displayed off of your calender.

In all I've tried the following task/to do list apps:

3bananas
Note Everything
AK Notepad
Rememberthemilk
Astrid
ActionComplete
Gtasks

My favorite is Astrid with Gtasks and ActionComplete both coming in at a close second. ActionComplete would be 1st; however, it does require reading the instruction manual to get familiar with all its features and terminology. If you have any questions about any of the other apps let me know. I've tried them extensively, because I'm a college student and have been looking for a planner/task list that is both straight forward and easy to use.

Last edited:

kittycat40

Reaction score
I have a situation with gdocs. I downloaded it and it did successfully sync from the desktop to the droid and then again the other way. That is where my success ended. I edited from desktop again and it did NOT sync to droid. Turned droid on and off hit sync about 8dozen times to no avail. Ideas??
ETA, now am able to sync from droid to desktop google acct but not the other way. Isn't it supposed to be 2 way sync???

Last edited:

JaCelica2k

Reaction score
I use OI Shopping and it works pretty well. I also use a recipe app called bites which keeps track of recipes and their ingredients and you can automatically add all items from a recipe to your shopping list.

grizcoach

Reaction score
Grocery King

This is a dedicated grocery store shopping app and I believe you can email the list to someone else. Not sure about syncing tho'. It does simplifly grocery shopping by grouping items found in one area (vegetables for example) so you don't have to look all over your list. BUT it's not free. I think it's $1.99. It's one of the few apps I would pay for.

Hope this helps

kittycat40

Reaction score
In case anyone is reading and wondering about gdocs, I uninstalled and reinstalled and amok for now.
Might check other options if nec.
Thx for info here.

lemodular

Reaction score
I have used a few to try to keep track of my errand tasks and OurGroceries is the easiest and quickest to use so far. It will keep track of all your "lists", how you label and use the list is up to you, but it can cross reference items within all the lists and store the items for future entries. I also use the list as "tasks" with subsets. Most importantly, it will sync with another smartphone running the same app so you will not double buy.