Root is causing TONS of problems. HELP!

B

budmonster

I'm sorry I had to make another thread about this but I need help immediately.

I used Z4root to root my DX. I then installed Rom Manager and Droid X Recovery Bootstrap. I clicked "Bootstrap Reocvery" and then tapped "Reboot Recovery". It rebooted me into ClockworkMod Recovery 2.5.0.6. I made a backup and rebooted my phone. Now my Market wont work, I can't flash anything from Rom Mananger (the latest CW recovery is 2.5.0.7 not 2.5.0.6), my Email won't sync. Things are going haywire! Seems like my data isn't working or something? When I unrooted and unistalled everything, the Market worked again, but the Clockwork Recovery was still on my phone. How is that possible if Droid X Recovery Bootstrap is uninstalled?​

OP
B

budmonster

Nope. I can't even get anything to work, let alone flash a rom. I'm so angry right now, I've spent 4 hrs rooting/unrooting with this Z4ROOT tool and Koush Droid X Recovery. How can I make sure that X Recovery is gone and my phone is back to stock? I don't think this whole root thing is going to work for me, this is ridiculous:icon_evil:!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
when you were in recovery did you do anything else? making a backup shouldnt do anything else to the system..

even if you uninstall teh bootstrap app it is still there unless you physically remove its files in the system folder

OP
B

budmonster

when you were in recovery did you do anything else? making a backup shouldnt do anything else to the system..

even if you uninstall teh bootstrap app it is still there unless you physically remove its files in the system folder

all i did was make a backup and reboot. how do i remove the files? i have rootexplorer, what files do i need to remove so my phone is stock again. then maybe i can try a diff root method.

OP
B

budmonster

yes, recovery. i just tried using the z4root to root again. it says it rooted my phone and now its going to reboot. my phones reboots right into clockwork though? doesnt that mean there was an error somewhere? also i dont even have droid x recovery on my phone that why i thought it was weird that im still getting clockwork recovery. i dont want to unroot but im getting too many problems.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
rebooting into recovery when not intended is a common issue for a lot of users.

maybe try a factory reset to see if you can get everything working again..

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
If you just set the phone up, try SBFing the phone back to stock with the right SBF image, then starting over.

As an option this stinks like day-old cheese, but it has the advantage of giving you a totally clean slate to start re-rooting. :)

OP
B

budmonster

If you just set the phone up, try SBFing the phone back to stock with the right SBF image, then starting over.

As an option this stinks like day-old cheese, but it has the advantage of giving you a totally clean slate to start re-rooting. :)

how do i do that? i dont know where to find the file and which one to use. do i just use rsdlite 4.6, thats the one i have. my phone came with 2.2.

i also just did this to try and remove the X Recovery:
delete /system/bin/hijack and /system/bin/logwrapper
Then rename /system/bin/logwrapper.bin to /system/bin/logwrapper

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
It's a last-resort thing, just like the D1, but due to the unique archetecture of both the D2 and the DX it happens more than on the D1 unless people get a bit... overextended on the D1. :)

I'm guessing, due to the fact that you got the phone in the last 48 hours (I remember you saying something in another thread ;)), that you got the 2.3 build. With that in mind you'll want the team blackhat 2.3 SBF. I think that's over on rootzwiki, but I could be wrong.

OP
B

budmonster

It's a last-resort thing, just like the D1, but due to the unique archetecture of both the D2 and the DX it happens more than on the D1 unless people get a bit... overextended on the D1. :)

I'm guessing, due to the fact that you got the phone in the last 48 hours (I remember you saying something in another thread ;)), that you got the 2.3 build. With that in mind you'll want the team blackhat 2.3 SBF. I think that's over on rootzwiki, but I could be wrong.

is this is it Droid X 2.2 Full SBF leaked - Download now

i dont know what file to get? is there any other way to go back to stock without have to flash a sbf file? i clicked "unroot" in z4root app and i removed the droid x recovery app.

bd1212

Reaction score
Here, download the program in the link below. It will allow you to download the 2.2 SBF file, RSD Lite 4.8 and whatever else you might need... it really helped me out so far in terms of saving time of me searching endlessly for what I needed.

Link: Downloader for 2.2 SBF.exe

***MODS: If this is against the rules, please delete this post! I am only trying to help a fellow member and am not trying to break any rules, but if I am, please remove this post.***

OP
B

budmonster

@bd1212 & @furbearingmammal

Im still rooted. I now just went into the setting on the DX and did a system reset to wipe everything and now everything seems to work again. im still rooted b/c i can use drocap2 and rootexplorer. i have not put the Droid X Recovery by Koush back on yet or Rom Manager. I'm guessing one of those was causing my problems with not being able to access the Market, Gmail, etc. Unless a system reset just solved all my problems? What is my next step? Should I install Bootstrap now? What the best way to finish my rooting process. all i have done so far was use z4root to root my phone, i uninstalled the Bootstrap and deleted the files in the system folder. i also removed rom manager. so now im assuming ive started fresh again with just root.