Installed 2.3.34, rooted, bootstrapped..still wont reboot recovery

Goodkat

Reaction score
Hey guys I am a bit stuck here. I was on 2.3.15 and SBF'd to stock 2.2, installed OTA update to 2.3.34. After that, I cleared cache and did a factory reset, then got root with Z4root. I then installed clockwordmod rom manager, and bootstrapper. After bootstrapping recovery, I attempted to reboot recovery....and nothing. I click the reboot into recovery button and nothing happens. Same goes for when I'm in rom manager.

When I power down and force boot into recovery, I get a limited menu that only has 4 options: reboot, install update.zip, clear data/factory reset, and clear cache. I can't get into the clockwordmod recovery and I don't know why. Any help is appreciate

OP
G

Goodkat

Reaction score
Are you hitting "Bootstrap Recovery" then "Reboot Recovery"?

Yup! I've done it dozens of times, tried practically every 2.3.15 rom out there. I did however get it going finally, did another factory reset, reinstalled everything, and re-rooted. I think the issue was that when the bootloader asked for SU permissions, I may have unchecked "always" on accident, as I remember it being somewhat laggy and I poked it a couple times. Funny thing is...I installed the new apex and got stuck in a boot loop. Thankfully I have the 2.3.320 SBF and was able to recover and get the most recent rubix running well.

Thanks for the response!