Root hack for ICS 4.0.4 on D4

kenji91

Reaction score
A root hack has been found for the ICS Leaked on D4, see this thread:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-4-hacks/211854-droid4-ics-206-leak-root-hack-finally.html

Read carefully, I messed up the zip file twice so use the third zip file posted.

You can install Busybox here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=stericson.busybox&hl=en

If you use the same batch file I did and it didn't work the first time, UNZIP IT AGAIN. The batch file deletes some necessary files after they are used.

OP
siggma

siggma

Reaction score
If you use the same batch file I did and it didn't work the first time, UNZIP IT AGAIN. The batch file deletes some necessary files after they are used.

Yea I looked at it but I only saw it after I did all this...

I wrote one from scratch. You can get it here: Index of /
ics4.0root.gz and ics4.0root.zip are the newer script.
ICSRoot.gz and ICSRoot.zip are the older version.

It doesn't copy files to /sdcard. The first one I wrote copies the files and roots it directly from adb. The second one pushes a script to the phone and runs that to gain root. It gives me much more control over cleaning up if it fails since this hack requires specific things to be in specific places in specific conditions before the hack will work. If it fails during the hack the original script will make a mess of things but still recover. The second script will clean up any messes and make sure there aren't any files left hanging around or in the wrong place/state.

kenji91

Reaction score
Yea I looked at it but I only saw it after I did all this...

I wrote one from scratch. You can get it here: Index of /
ics4.0root.gz and ics4.0root.zip are the newer script.
ICSRoot.gz and ICSRoot.zip are the older version.

It doesn't copy files to /sdcard. The first one I wrote copies the files and roots it directly from adb. The second one pushes a script to the phone and runs that to gain root. It gives me much more control over cleaning up if it fails since this hack requires specific things to be in specific places in specific conditions before the hack will work. If it fails during the hack the original script will make a mess of things but still recover. The second script will clean up any messes and make sure there aren't any files left hanging around or in the wrong place/state.

Ahh, makes sense. I didn't really dig into the script, I just ran it. The first time I messed up somehow, so I ran it again. The second time, I noticed that not all the files were still in the folder, so I unzipped it again. And then it worked. dancedroid