[ROM] VZW_2.4.5 - Stars Wars, No Star Wars, Clean & Super Clean

firestrife23

Reaction score
I don't get it.

I've been mucking around with root/flashing custom rom since G1 came out... droid 2 is my first Motorola based device. After flashing this rom and I lost my root... and i'm unable to regain root?

EDIT: got this fixed by reinstalling koush's bootstrap and reboot into cw recovery and restored back to stock... whew. For some reason when I flash this ROM, it still look same as stock, I've seen AOSP ROM before but it's not AOSP.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I've been mucking around with root/flashing custom rom since G1 came out... droid 2 is my first Motorola based device. After flashing this rom and I lost my root... and i'm unable to regain root?

EDIT: got this fixed by reinstalling koush's bootstrap and reboot into cw recovery and restored back to stock... whew. For some reason when I flash this ROM, it still look same as stock, I've seen AOSP ROM before but it's not AOSP.

All you needed to do was install superuser from market. You were still rooted, just needed superuser.

akuma6099

Reaction score
Corporate Sync Email

Installed the super clean ROM. Nice and neat. So far I have replaced com.fede.launcher.apk with my pro plus version. Twice my phone has acted funny. First time i simply powered off and back on. It stayed at the M logo since I went to sleep. I seen it this morning and pushed the power button once and it continued booting. When I got to the home screen the touch was disabled, yet I could drag down notifications bar. Home key had haptic feedback but would do nothing. I rebooted and it was normal again. Second time, I was changing settings for my live wallpaper and tapped "Set Wallpaper". It then sat at my home screen at the light dim mode with "Setting Live Wallpaper" in the middle. Rebooted and back to normal. I have synced this phone to my corporate email. I had to use the "Exchange" option under accounts. The "corporate sync" always states communication error when I hit next. I was wondering if there is a fix for this. Using the "Exchange" option keeps popping a notification to change "email settings ploicy". I have entered a pin code and it seems to have satisfied the notification. I just see minor differences between exchange vs corporate sync. Other than that, I love it. No more skype mobile crap or Verizon Backup Assistant. The overlapping multi-linked contacts were driving me nuts. Plus I'm not a social networker. I hate all the bloatware that was installed. It's like buying a new laptop with 30 different "Trial" packages installed. Slower than dirt. Thanks again motoboy. I'll keep testing for ya.

WarMachin3

Reaction score
Hey everyone I almost feel as if this a stupid question and don't wanna get flamed for it, however im having a bit of trouble understanding if this rom is just for d1 or d2? and possibly if this isnt a d1 rom can someone direct me in the proper direction? I have searched many articles and just cant seem to get a straight answer, Thanks in advance!

kiyanofosho

Reaction score
Hey everyone I almost feel as if this a stupid question and don't wanna get flamed for it, however im having a bit of trouble understanding if this rom is just for d1 or d2? and possibly if this isnt a d1 rom can someone direct me in the proper direction? I have searched many articles and just cant seem to get a straight answer, Thanks in advance!

Its a d2 rom

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

WarMachin3

Reaction score

Its a d2 rom

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

I thought so can some tell me if there is a d1 port

rtfield

Reaction score
Get rom manager from market and look under download roms and there will be a list of D1 rims.

gunz.jones

Reaction score
Installed super clean and the black bar. Now I have doubles the apps....aaargh

ayk07

Reaction score
i keep getting a error when doing the full star wars pack after selecting install zip and so on. i do have 2.3.20 on my D2, could that be the reason?

w3bka1s3r

Reaction score
i keep getting a error when doing the full star wars pack after selecting install zip and so on. i do have 2.3.20 on my D2, could that be the reason?

Did you mount system and data? Did you wipe cache and data factory reset?

What error exactly are you getting?

MNDuke

Reaction score
I am guessing that these ROMs aren't 100% supported anymore since AngDroid is working on Fission. If you want an updated ROM's look here

ayk07

Reaction score

unable to open or something like that, i cant try it right now though, at work.

yes i did do all that ^

ayk07

Reaction score

btw i use bootstrap. could 2.3.20 be the problem? or do i need a certain rom? i just want the theme

w3bka1s3r

Reaction score

unable to open or something like that, i cant try it right now though, at work.

yes i did do all that ^

Okay, I suggest you try downloading the file again. Most likely it is a corrupt download. Has happened to me before.

Let me know.

Oh, what phone are you trying to install this on?