[ROM] VZW 2.4.0 Star Wars Removed - Many Setups - Update 2

wmnomore

Reaction score
Hey Motaboy, did we lose voice input on this version? I used to be able to press the mic on the keyboard to enter text..

revision

Reaction score
If you went with the clean version like i did, then the normal voice commands have been moved to the sdcard i noticed. I mounted my filesystem and copied them in to /system/app but haven't set permissions yet to see if that fixes it but it should. I'm still trying to figure out what the proper chmod would be for them. I tried just copying the VoiceCommand.apk to /system/app and then doing a chmod 0644 on /system/app/VoiceCommands.apk but it still seems to fail. It shows it immediately after a reboot but then disappears from the google search widget on my home screen. The Swype one still works fine though.

wmnomore

Reaction score
OK fixed. downloaded voice search and it added the mic to keyboard. happy camper now.

revision

Reaction score
Good call, worked on mine too. Sometimes I really try to make things harder on myself...

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I guess this is just not the rom for me. In Handcent when I'd receive a new text it would say the time is 11:29 AM when it's 3:32 PM. The stock messaging app messed my times up too.

I mean the default Android Message app and not the D2 message app. They are different and I use the Android message app. I thought that problem was fixed in 2.4.0. I know there is a problem in 2.3.15. Can you check to see what version of the message app you are using. You can go to settings, applications, all apps and then check from there.

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
OK fixed. downloaded voice search and it added the mic to keyboard. happy camper now.

All apps that are updated in market have been removed since you can get the update app from market and save some resources. I was going to include them with ROM but it is easier this way in case they get updated again.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I guess this is just not the rom for me. In Handcent when I'd receive a new text it would say the time is 11:29 AM when it's 3:32 PM. The stock messaging app messed my times up too.

I'm surprised anyone still uses handcent.

Dustin.

Reaction score
Absolutely LOVING the "Clean" ROM. Super fast, and everything checks out awesome!

Only issue is, I forgot my password to my GMail, so I can't reinstall all my rooted apps that I paid for... =/

Anyone have a general idea on how to get my password back? Without going through Google? Because they can't seem to help me.

Dustin.

Reaction score
Unfortunately no.. It was made over a month ago, and their little fill out sheets are completely ****ing BOGUS!

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

2.4.5 Will be posted later on tonight. Just got my hands on the dump and need to do some work to fix it up and all that crap.
So stay tuned...

Reaction score
i downloaded the full rom cause i like some of the blur widgets like the news one but anyone that uses info doesnt work, just sits in "communicating with server, please wait" until they time out. Anyway to fix this or is it just something you removed?

also under accounts it doesnt show my facebook sync though i did set it up when i reactivated the phone. when i open the facebook app it goes to my page but none of my contacts synced so no pics or info from fb

Last edited: