[ROM] VZW_2.4.5 - Stars Wars, No Star Wars, Clean & Super Clean

smccloud

Reaction score
Any clue why when I install Stars Wars Full ROM on my R2D2 I don't get any Star Wars stuff installed?

Reaction score
Any clue why when I install Stars Wars Full ROM on my R2D2 I don't get any Star Wars stuff installed?

That's odd; are you sure you installed it correctly? Did you mount /system before flashing it in ClockworkMod Recovery?

What ROM were you on before flashing this?

smccloud

Reaction score

That's odd; are you sure you installed it correctly? Did you mount /system before flashing it in ClockworkMod Recovery?

What ROM were you on before flashing this?

Was running the Gingerbread leak, then the normal D2 SBF. Took 3 flashes on my phone for some reason but it finally worked. Just one of those days :(

Beeped from my Droid R2D2

smccloud

Reaction score
After playing some more with the Gingerbread leak I decided I missed the Star Wars stuff to much. However I want to get rid of Blur. Does the Super Clean ROM put the Star Wars stuff (sounds, live wallpapers, static wallpapers, etc) on the SD Card?

Reaction score
After playing some more with the Gingerbread leak I decided I missed the Star Wars stuff to much. However I want to get rid of Blur. Does the Super Clean ROM put the Star Wars stuff (sounds, live wallpapers, static wallpapers, etc) on the SD Card?

I'm pretty sure ROM installations don't, as a general rule, make any alterations to your SD card.

smccloud

Reaction score

I'm pretty sure ROM installations don't, as a general rule, make any alterations to your SD card.

I've had plenty of Rome (on my Hero & Optimus S) extract stuff to my SD card.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

droidbear79

Reaction score
R2D2, lost original backup file...

I rooted my R2, installed bootstrapper, backed up, mounted, installed APEX 1.4.1 with mixed feelings, but accidentally deleted the backup. Searched and located the SW Full zip, did NOT read the do not install on R2D2, installed on my R2 after doing full wipe system/cache. ran swype fix.

Reporting that it is running as if out of the box with following exceptions: Droid 2 Bootscreen (my opinion, liking better than R2)
System version 2.4.5.A955.Verizon.en.US

Sending a big THANK YOU to Angdroid for the hard work in development. I owe you big.

Hopefully this status info is useful to other R2D2 owners in some fashion.

Reaction score
I rooted my R2, installed bootstrapper, backed up, mounted, installed APEX 1.4.1 with mixed feelings, but accidentally deleted the backup. Searched and located the SW Full zip, did NOT read the do not install on R2D2, installed on my R2 after doing full wipe system/cache. ran swype fix.

Reporting that it is running as if out of the box with following exceptions: Droid 2 Bootscreen (my opinion, liking better than R2)
System version 2.4.5.A955.Verizon.en.US

Sending a big THANK YOU to Angdroid for the hard work in development. I owe you big.

Hopefully this status info is useful to other R2D2 owners in some fashion.

Two exceptions, actually: the other being the "Best of R2-D2" app. Useless or not, it needs to be said.

If you decide you want to restore the original R2-D2 boot animation (with or without the sound) and need help, give us a holler here! :)

droidbear79

Reaction score
Yeah, you're right. Forgot about that. Also noticed two live wall papers are no go, but the star wars rom is working great otherwise. I installed the black bar theme, removing calendar, email and messaging from the theme zip prior to installation, due to doubled text messages received. This solved that issue.
It seems to be the perfect blend of R2 and D2. With simpler lock screen, C3PO found only in the contact card, but still all the ring tones and wall papers, I'm really happy. I might try 928 droid's black glass theme if I'm ever so lucky as to get access to it.

Sent by Droid R2D2

Reaction score
Is there any way we can get the sbf you used? I just need this to sbf my R2 to take it back to the store for a camera hardware issue. Thanks

Reaction score
Is there any way we can get the sbf you used? I just need this to sbf my R2 to take it back to the store for a camera hardware issue. Thanks

He didn't use an SBF. He used copies of the system files provided by a rooted R2D2. All us R2 folks are waiting on an R2D2 sbf still. The first one for the R2 will probably be the Gingerbread update, whenever that comes.

Reaction score
Hmm I was afraid of that. The only problem with sbf'ing the 2.3.20 is I need to get a replacement and I don't want them to think it was rooted then refuse to replace. Do you think they would notice if it was unrooted with 2.3.20?

Reaction score
Hmm I was afraid of that. The only problem with sbf'ing the 2.3.20 is I need to get a replacement and I don't want them to think it was rooted then refuse to replace. Do you think they would notice if it was unrooted with 2.3.20?

Try flashing the Star Wars ROM and then unrooting using DoUnroot?

Reaction score
I dont have a custom rom installed and I didn't think about DoUnroot. Hmm I'll have to try that, thanks man.