[ROM] Rumm Rx v1.0 - First dose of awesomeness ;)

mbarry55

Reaction score
The only issue I've had is if I click the voicemail button in the dialer it just closes the dialer.No force close, it just goes away. Non-leak version.

Pallain

Reaction score
Email issues (not gmail)

If I add email accounts to "my accounts" I get new email notifications but can't open them, nothing happens. On the "email" setup I don't see a way to add more than one email account. Also email that was read shows up unread a few times after.

Aixelsyd

Reaction score
The only issue I've had is if I click the voicemail button in the dialer it just closes the dialer.No force close, it just goes away. Non-leak version.

Not that this helps but if I'm not mistaken TranQ 3.5 had the same issue. And the reason for it is the voicemail button is linked to the Visual Voicemail app. SO unless it is put back the voicemail key may not function correctly. Yet another BS game Moto/VZW plays with thing the blur crap together in there SW.

tatuud

Reaction score
Not sure if this was mentioned. Unable to set mp3, ringers to contacts

this was from an earlier post regarding this issue...hope it helps as the other person was able to set everything after moving things around...

i am able to access the dozens of ringtones and notifications i have stored on my sd card, i also verified they are all working correctly. I put mine under media/audio/ringtones, also have my notifications in separate file under "audio". i don't know if this will help but i can confirm they are working fine.

edit: i'm currently using 2.3.15, sorry i didn't mention that earlier

tatuud

Reaction score
If I add email accounts to "my accounts" I get new email notifications but can't open them, nothing happens. On the "email" setup I don't see a way to add more than one email account. Also email that was read shows up unread a few times after.

you can use the individual email widget in your app drawer to set another email acct...

molivas37

Reaction score
finally got them to install before trying the clear cache. Ill do it anyways see if it clears future issues. Also forgot to mention when trying to add blur calendar widget you select the calendars to display click OK then nothing happens. Goes back to homescreen but nothing there.

where are you adding the widget, to home screen, or are you trying to do something else with the widget. i just click on the calendar widget in my app drawer and it opens the calendar...is this a custom widget?

Same issue here with the calendar widget. I long press empty space on screen select calendar widget, asks me to select calendars then when i press ok after selecting them nothing appears. I can add events etc now yet widget still is inoperable. Running 2.3.15 build by the way.

tatuud

Reaction score
finally got them to install before trying the clear cache. Ill do it anyways see if it clears future issues. Also forgot to mention when trying to add blur calendar widget you select the calendars to display click OK then nothing happens. Goes back to homescreen but nothing there.

where are you adding the widget, to home screen, or are you trying to do something else with the widget. i just click on the calendar widget in my app drawer and it opens the calendar...is this a custom widget?

Same issue here with the calendar widget. I long press empty space on screen select calendar widget, asks me to select calendars then when i press ok after selecting them nothing appears. I can add events etc now yet widget still is inoperable. Running 2.3.15 build by the way.

can you try going to app drawer, long press the calendar widget there, then release on the screen of your choice...that worked for me. thanks

djdlite512

Reaction score

can you try going to app drawer, long press the calendar widget there, then release on the screen of your choice...that worked for me. thanks

That's the way to link the app for the calendar, not the widget, right? Or am I missing something.

tatuud

Reaction score
well i long pressed the calendar icon in my app drawer and it copied to one of my screens, that's how i have always done it. from there when i want to view my calendar i click on the shortcut on my screen and the calendar opens. if that's not what you're looking for than my mistake, i thought you were looking for a shortcut to your calendar from one of your home screens

djdlite512

Reaction score
well i long pressed the calendar icon in my app drawer and it copied to one of my screens, that's how i have always done it. from there when i want to view my calendar i click on the shortcut on my screen and the calendar opens. if that's not what you're looking for than my mistake, i thought you were looking for a shortcut to your calendar from one of your home screens

No, we are talking the actual widget you can put on your homescreen that shows your most upcoming things.

tatuud

Reaction score

No, we are talking the actual widget you can put on your homescreen that shows your most upcoming things.

ok now i think i understand...that may be a blur feature that isn't incorporated into this rom. i have used all of the roms and i haven't seen it...i'm sure it's not difficult to add...you will just need the correct apk's and you should be good to go. just tried on my phone and it doesn't work...it did however on my friends X which isn't running any roms but is rooted.

jaredb03

Reaction score
I had a couple questions about this rom.
First can i remove the clock? I don't need both the alarm & timer, and the clock apps. I just need one or the other.
Second why is such an old music app installed? Anyone know where i can download a newer version with lock screen controls(please no one suggest market players. i want the stock one as i like it best)

Last edited:

Aixelsyd

Reaction score

ok now i think i understand...that may be a blur feature that isn't incorporated into this rom. i have used all of the roms and i haven't seen it...i'm sure it's not difficult to add...you will just need the correct apk's and you should be good to go. just tried on my phone and it doesn't work...it did however on my friends X which isn't running any roms but is rooted.

FYI the TranQ 3.5 ROM has the same issue with the Calendar widget. And as you mentioned odds are it is because part of BLUR is missing. If I'm not mistaken TranQ 3.0 had the issue until P3 figured it out and put a patch out to correct it.

Kamikaze

Reaction score
Awesome ROM

Very good work Jimmy. Love the battery life.

Two quick questions.
1. When I install your ROM and then rollback to a later one I notice that some of the apps (Texting, Droid Dock) were duplicated. Is there a way to correct this?

2. Is it possible to provide details on how to change the Title Bar as well as the Lock screen from the Rumm Rx 1.0 to something else? Could this possible be incorporated into the tools that you already provide?

Keep up the good work.:blackdroid:

Raptor007

Reaction score
So far its working fine except for the corporate mail sync (could be our provider) but I removed the account and set it up again and now it won't connect to the server.