Just an fyi... [ROM] rubiX Focused 1.8.9/1.9.3 worked on my D2

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
was just letting ppl know... wasnt blaming anyone, and also did not ask you for your input..

Wow.....I've personally flashed rubix on my d2 20 times with no problem. And you don't have to be rude.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

let it go he has made 2 post he just trolling.. dont feed him..dancedroiddancedroid
Agree...its no ones fault but his own...everyone here has said they flashed it with success he must be doing something wrong.

Sent from my DROID2

OP
droidzforlife

droidzforlife

Beta Alpha Delta Omega 3!
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Hella perfect example of why you dont mess with your phone when your not smart...

thanks mikie. ur correct.. all is love guys

All I can say is: "Well Obviously.... you better hide your kids hide your wife"(Antoine Dodson). Shiot if I could just blame whoever made the post for the three bricks I have created in my life I would be sh@tting bricks.

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
When converting ROM from DX to D2 or vice versa a few main things need to be changed.

Couple of settings in framework, in the bool.xml, or you can just drop the D2 bool.xml file into the DX framework.

all camera
all related kb files
a few drivers from lib folder
there might be some other stuff that I am not recalling right now.

Just about everything else is identical.

The easiest way to convert a ROM is like this...DX to D2 for example...

Get the latest D2 ROM, delete the app and framework folder. Replace app and framework folder with the ROM you want to convert.

replace latinime.apk, userdic...apk, and the liblatin driver in lib.
replace camera.apk with AOSP or D2 cam package
copy over changes from framework
copy over any other changes from rom you want to convert.

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
When converting ROM from DX to D2 or vice versa a few main things need to be changed.

Couple of settings in framework, in the bool.xml, or you can just drop the D2 bool.xml file into the DX framework.

all camera
all related kb files

Get the latest D2 ROM, delete the app and framework folder. Replace app and framework folder with the ROM you want to convert.

Thank you for posting this Ang :) also, the keychars and keylayout folders in the usr folder should be replaced with ones from the D2, or your physical keyboard will act up when you hit alt. or alt. lock.

*sorry, guess you did say all kb files :/

Last edited:

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I may have missed something else too...will think and post back :)

all camera
all related kb files

Thank you for posting this Ang :) also, the keychars and keylayout folders in the usr folder should be replaced with ones from the D2, or your physical keyboard will act up when you hit alt. or alt. lock.

*sorry, guess you did say all kb files :/

OP
droidzforlife

droidzforlife

Beta Alpha Delta Omega 3!
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com

all camera
all related kb files

Hella CLASSY!!! Thanks Ang! This just saved me many many hours of tinkering around and atleast 10 sbf flash/flex's.

fathcarter

Reaction score
Awesome post,, lol this would of really helped me.. Its wierd apexed dx worked fine, also regular rubix. But rubix focused destroyed it.. Lol my first time bricking.. have had the g1, mytouch, mytouch slide,, all successful.. you guys rock

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Awesome post,, lol this would of really helped me.. Its wierd apexed dx worked fine, also regular rubix. But rubix focused destroyed it.. Lol my first time bricking.. have had the g1, mytouch, mytouch slide,, all successful.. you guys rock

Not to doubt you or anything, but are you sure you brickd? I know it wasn't rubix cus I've flashed it a ton of times. If it turns on at all its not bricked...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

fathcarter

Reaction score
lol its bricked, stoned, drowned everything.. It was the rubix focused rom I downloaded. I successfuly flashed the regular rubix. I have no idea what happened. It wont even charge. Mayb it got corrupted. Turns out though I was within my thirty days and verizon is awesome, they actually switched it out for a droid 2 global. And since it wont boot up or charge or even go into flash mode,, they will never know it was rooted!! lucky

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
lol its bricked, stoned, drowned everything.. It was the rubix focused rom I downloaded. I successfuly flashed the regular rubix. I have no idea what happened. It wont even charge. Mayb it got corrupted. Turns out though I was within my thirty days and verizon is awesome, they actually switched it out for a droid 2 global. And since it wont boot up or charge or even go into flash mode,, they will never know it was rooted!! lucky

Well, Id say that worked out in your favor :) Just dont try to to flash any D2 roms on your global...

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

all camera
all related kb files

Tried this on the rumm rx and rubix rom, didnt work for me. Everything fc'd, including dialer. Backlight stayed on too.

JustJack1235

Reaction score
Whats the difference between this and Liberty... can someone post please~ I just got my liberty the way i like it.... :)

moestepp

Reaction score
help i put a pin password on my rooter droid x with Rubix ROM and it wont ask me to reset with email? It says password must be 55 characters long? What can I do?