Can't install TranQ 3.6 properly no matter what I do

dz93

Reaction score
The first time I tried installing TranQ 3.6 was when I was running Rumm RX 1.0.3. I had 2.3.320 installed and I read up a little bit on what was needed for TranQ 3.6 and I downloaded the SBF for 2.3.340 off TBH app and I downloaded TranQ 3.6 from the app too. I installed .340 using RSDlite 4.8 like normal and then when I went to install TranQ 3.6 I wiped data/cache and then let the Rom install. Well everything went fine and installed right but right when I signed in using my Gmail account and it was downloading the settings for my phone I had a random reboot. Then I tried again and got a random reboot the same time as before when it was downloading the settings.

So I remember reading that before install you needed to delete the TranQ folder from your SD card if you had a previously version on your phone. I had a version from 2.x installed on my phone a long time ago. It was like my first Rom I ever installed. However when I deleted that it seemed like nothing worked right after and I wasn't surprised because I figured I deleted something TranQ needed to run. So I simply booted back into clockwork, wiped data/cache and reinstalled. However I still had the random reboots. So I then decided to try to flash my phone back to 100% stock but TranQ still had the boot logo installed which wouldn't go away and the TranQ file system was still on even after flashing to stock .340.

I figured I needed to format my system so I did that and bricked my phone. So I just reflashed .340 again. I then tried installing TranQ 3.0 by booting back into clockwork, wipe data/cache, and install. Even that had the same random reboots.

So here I am wondering what the hell do I need to do to install TranQ properly without no problems. No reboots or anything. (I've also noticed that on TranQ 3.x my lock screen doesn't even have the tabs visible. You can still unlock the phone by sliding it like normal but you can't visually see the tabs.) What do I need to do? Im willing to do whatever to get it working. I really like the way TranQ 3.6 looks. So someone please help me. I'm not an idiot even tho i may be missing one simple step. All I need is the steps required (after reading my situation) to install TranQ and have it working properly.

Thanks for any help.

jonwgee

Reaction score
I would head over to mydroidworld that's where P3 supports his Rom

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Reaction score
I would sbf the 340 system file, delete any trace of tranquility left on the sd card, then install a freshly downloaded version of 3.6 and see. If that still doesn't work then maybe give Apex shot?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
D

dz93

Reaction score
Ill go over to mydroidworld and see if P3 can help. But if someone here still has suggestions please feel free to help me out.

And to the guy who suggested Apex, I tried Apex but I don't like it at all. I hate the fact that it has blur still left on it. Especially in the texting app. I really dislike blur. I tried rubix (I'm running rubix right now) which is okay but I don't really want that to be a rom that i'll use long term. Its okay for the time being. Rumm Rx has great potential but is very far away from being a long term rom for me. Much development is still needed.

I did delete everything I could find on the SD card that included TranQ when I deleted the TranQ folder. I've tried installing from plenty of different ways. Tried installing ontop of stock .340 without wiping data/cache, tried with wiping data/cache, tried upgrading from tranq 3.0 without wiping data/cache, and like I said in my first post went from a different rom (Rumm Rx) to TranQ 3.6 wiping data/cache. So it has to be something more complex or something small I'm missing when installing.

Maybe mount the system? or maybe not. With this stuff the smallest thing can make everything go wrong. I bricked my phone twice today and had no choice but to reflash to stock. Which isn't a big deal but I've been playing around with it trying out every different possibility and using trial and error to see if I can figure what I'm doing wrong. But that didnt work so I came here. Lol. Sorry for my long replies. I try to put down as much info as possible so it's easier to understand my situation and try and help me better.

On a side note I never noticed how slow the phone is stock until I went back to it for a little bit today. Its amazing how much of a difference these roms make.

droidxchat

Reaction score
Ill go over to mydroidworld and see if P3 can help. But if someone here still has suggestions please feel free to help me out.

And to the guy who suggested Apex, I tried Apex but I don't like it at all. I hate the fact that it has blur still left on it. Especially in the texting app. I really dislike blur. I tried rubix (I'm running rubix right now) which is okay but I don't really want that to be a rom that i'll use long term. Its okay for the time being. Rumm Rx has great potential but is very far away from being a long term rom for me. Much development is still needed.

I did delete everything I could find on the SD card that included TranQ when I deleted the TranQ folder. I've tried installing from plenty of different ways. Tried installing ontop of stock .340 without wiping data/cache, tried with wiping data/cache, tried upgrading from tranq 3.0 without wiping data/cache, and like I said in my first post went from a different rom (Rumm Rx) to TranQ 3.6 wiping data/cache. So it has to be something more complex or something small I'm missing when installing.

Maybe mount the system? or maybe not. With this stuff the smallest thing can make everything go wrong. I bricked my phone twice today and had no choice but to reflash to stock. Which isn't a big deal but I've been playing around with it trying out every different possibility and using trial and error to see if I can figure what I'm doing wrong. But that didnt work so I came here. Lol. Sorry for my long replies. I try to put down as much info as possible so it's easier to understand my situation and try and help me better.

On a side note I never noticed how slow the phone is stock until I went back to it for a little bit today. Its amazing how much of a difference these roms make.

incase you try to decide apex again, you can go to terminal and type messaging -aosp and it will remove the blur messager and install the aosp one. it's designed to be customizable. any blur apps are able to be replaced with the aosp ones with a single command.

btw, if you're looking for a completely blur free rom, i hope you know that in installing one, you will lose HDMI, 3g mobile hotspot, FM radio, and any app that requires blur to interact with the phone's hardware

OP
D

dz93

Reaction score
I used an early version of Rubix Focused for the longest time for a rom and I never use the HDMI feature, I have a wireless tether app that I use, and I have Pandoras radio, which I know isn't an FM radio but the only time I use my phone to listen to music is when I'm driving and I wouldn't need my phone to listen to an FM radio. So a blurless rom is perfect for me.

I appreciate trying to suggest other roms that I might like however I have tried a good amount of roms and TranQ (Even though it's not working for me) is a really nice rom. I love the way it looks and from other people's opinions and other information on it shows me that it's really nice. TranQ just seems like the Rom for me. So I'm going to do whatever I can to make it work.

droidxchat

Reaction score
got it, you want TranQ, sry for going off topic. like someone else suggested, i would try to talk to p3droid

jcs33

Reaction score
I had this same thing happen to me.... SBF to .340, deleted the tranq folder on sd card, root, bootstrap, then install Tranq 3.6 WITHOUT WIPING ANYTHING then install the tranq toolbox.... It worked perfectly for me

Hope this helps

Jason

OP
D

dz93

Reaction score
I think I already did that but I'll give it another try later on. It's late and I'm in a heated conversation right now with someone I'm texting lol. I also got some detailed instructions of mydroidworld or whatever that forum is saying I should flash Full SBF .320 then Full SBF .340. I used the leaked version of .320 that I just installed from my phone and not from RSD lite. Maybe that's it? I'll also try that too. If I do happen to find the solution I'll post what I did tomorrow so anyone else having this problem will know how to fix it. But please keep the suggestions coming. The more help you guys can give me the better. I wanna be able to get this in one sitting next time and not have to flash to a temp. rom to hold me over while I wait for my sanity to come back.

Thanks a lot for the help so far though. I really do appreciate it.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I am updated and followed the instructions to a t and cannot get Tranquility to work without rapid rebooting every 30 seconds. In my opinion Tranquility is a sub par rom. Not only that but upon login to the rom the keyboard is force closing and I have to switch to Swype to login. Upon login the rebooting starts.

I thought that maybe it was a fluke because I read there are others that it works for. So I again followed all the directions and tried it again with the exact same result..... failure. There is no other rom that causes me problems like Tranquility.

To be honest I would just stay clear of the junk. I purchased their app to support the good work they do in other areas, but I wish they would put some effort into making their rom decent.

P.S. Give up on this rom and try one of the many others that actually work. Tranquility is the ONLY rom I've EVER had completely fail.... and yes I am fully versed in flashing roms.

Last edited:
OP
D

dz93

Reaction score
I also experienced the FC on the keyboard the third time I tried flashing the rom. I also had trouble logging into the market to even download bootstrap so I could reflash a different rom.

Maybe you're right since I also have never had any problems flashing other roms. We shouldn't have to jump through hoops like this just to install this rom.

Don't get me wrong it is a good looking rom but if it wasn't so complicated to install it then I'd consider using it. I might just stick with Rubix for now. Maybe Rumm Rx will have some break through update soon and I can flash back to that because I also really liked Rumm Rx. It was just still buggy since it was early in development.

MrKleen

Reaction score
It shouldn't be to much to ask for a rom to at least work if you follow the instructions.