[ROM] MIUI.us-Sholes-1.9.9 [DEV]

zachdroid

Reaction score
Titanium is telling me it can't obtain root access on my phone, never had this before. Do I need to change something in Superuser? Should I assume that "ROOT Permission" under Settings should be turned on? It's off right now on my phone and I'm guessing that's the issue. Can someone let me know if I should flip that on please? Thank you.

In superuser app you have to go into the app menu and flip on the option. This will allows superuser apps access

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

element192

Reaction score
That's what I thought, I just didn't know why it was disabled I've never seen that. I wanted to check with somebody before it did something wrong... Thanks for letting me know.

zachdroid

Reaction score
That's what I thought, I just didn't know why it was disabled I've never seen that. I wanted to check with somebody before it did something wrong... Thanks for letting me know.

No problem. Something new this week. Lol

element192

Reaction score
Turning on the root access also seems to have fixed the Market issue... All of my apps are now downloading, I never had to do anything with Titanium. Weird.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Interesting, so the superuser permissions could be messing with market. That would make sense why the errors all of a sudden. If you are having an issue with market, run SuperUser and make sure you enable the ask for root permission.

chewy74

Reaction score
You actually have to set superuser to allow access before launching any apps requiring root access or the pop up won't even appear for you to allow access.

DavMar

Reaction score
Yes! Once flashed... asap select tools-superuser-settings turn on root permissions... my market instantly began working... whereas i would turn it on later n never get market to work... miui running great.. thanks mag n everyone.
t from my Droid using DroidForums

zachdroid

Reaction score
Yes! Once flashed... asap select tools-superuser-settings turn on root permissions... my market instantly began working... whereas i would turn it on later n never get market to work... miui running great.. thanks mag n everyone.
t from my Droid using DroidForums

Its a trip that little setting option could be causing so many issues. I wonder what the underling cause is. Glad its working for you though. This MIUI.US build is working out nicely.

Magiman, how tough is it to port a keyboard in from another phone/rom?

Thanks for all the hard work. It seems that D1 maintainers are jumping ship. Glad to have you still with us.

Zach

nurlip

Reaction score
same issue

I'm thinking that this ROM is becoming too much for my droid, updated to new build, just flashed over previous build thru the built in updater. Last 2 builds I've had alot of fc's and just seems to run slow, not really lag just slow, also noticed free RAM under running services ranges from 14 to none free. Wiped dalvick, only have 2 widgets those being clockr and pslmary weather application. Tried v8 script with different settings to no avail. Currently stock kernel. Don't want to but might do a full wipe and re-install to see if picks up some speed.

I'm having the exact same experience. did anything you tried fix this? my phone has been awful, like smash it into whatever is closest awful, and i'm waiting to see the new iphone plus some other upcoming android phones before i get a new, AND i'd still like to be able to use my droid around the house after i upgrade so please let me know if you've had any luck. Also, i always do a full wipe and clean install and i'm still having the issue. i just updated to this version so i'll post back if it continues.

KJW979

Reaction score
I'm having the exact same experience. did anything you tried fix this? my phone has been awful, like smash it into whatever is closest awful, and i'm waiting to see the new iphone plus some other upcoming android phones before i get a new, AND i'd still like to be able to use my droid around the house after i upgrade so please let me know if you've had any luck. Also, i always do a full wipe and clean install and i'm still having the issue. i just updated to this version so i'll post back if it continues.

Unfortunately everything I tried was to no avail. Wiped and redownloaded, tried different v8 & v6 settings, different kernels, different settings. Still slow with alot of fc's. I ended up going to a different rom with a world of difference.

zachdroid

Reaction score

I got it running well by turning off swap. Huge difference.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
I think it sounds like you guys are running a load of apps all at once. Maybe twitter facebook or other items running constantly. Or a few too many widgets. Or not freezing certain system apps.
Also I don't have in launcher settings the memory checked though I get very few redraws, it seems that it still has the same memory total except that in running apps it is now on the cached page when you hit the bottom button.

I freeze a lot, updater, stats, acct manager, backup, news& weather widget or I delete it like I delete the browser. Browser seems to run in background while using Dolphin Mini when I kill it, it stays dead.
I freeze maps.
Freezing is underrated, as it takes seconds to access the app that you don't use constantly and you don't get stuck with 15 apps in background.
I am, as my given name implies, a big supporter of the theory that there's no such thing as experimenting too much!

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

KJW979

Reaction score
For me only had 2 widgets, a clock and weather app. Had weather application only update every 4 hours. Also didn't seem to have alot running in background. I just couldn't find that "sweet spot" for this rom to run on my phone, as we are, so are our phones, different that is.

chewy74

Reaction score
i was getting too much lag ,enough that i rolled back to 1.9.2

KJW979

Reaction score
Unfortunately for me 1.9.2 didn't want to play nice for me, I will try again though, really like these roms.