[ROM] MIUI.us-Sholes-1.9.30 [DEV]

chewy74

Reaction score
Fix permissions does fix a lot of fc issues on apps. If you are still getting lag go into recovery and wipe cache and dalvik

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does importing themes work in this release? The previous release I kept getting force closes when trying to import

Oh fyi, for those that have tons of apps, I find that putting some in folders helps greatly with launcher speed and helps speed up the launcher loading after a reboot

Last edited:

chewy74

Reaction score
^im still getting fc's

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
Made it through the day OK... just had one reboot when I was trying to zoom maps and the phone rang at the same time. Had a couple times I had to wait for commands to catch up but I find that setting up to kill apps on long press of back or long pressing home and hitting the task killer helped minimize issues. I know... android manages it's own memory requirements killing apps as needed but with the narrow margin of available memory in the D1 it can use all the help it can get IMO.

Battery use was pretty high today but I was playing with the phone quite a bit more than usual. I'll get a full charge in it and clear batt stats and see how it holds up tomorrow.

aircooledboy

Reaction score
Reboots constantly

I've been running 1.9.16 since release, and it has been really stable. Tried 9.23, and it froze/rebooted constantly. Tried 9.30, same result. When I go back to 9.16, it's all good again, and I haven't change a thing. ?????

chewy74

Reaction score
are you doing a full wipe prior to loading the newer versions, or just flashing over your current version? its always recommended to do full wipes when upgrading between builds

-try a full wipe then updating to newer version
-make sure you're not restoring wifi data if you are using MIUI backup to restore
-Do Not restore any system data if using tibu
-try wiping cache ONLY & dalvik

I've been running 1.9.16 since release, and it has been really stable. Tried 9.23, and it froze/rebooted constantly. Tried 9.30, same result. When I go back to 9.16, it's all good again, and I haven't change a thing. ?????

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Mags
Any ideas on how to deal with the strange battery behavior? I have had it go from 5 to 50 in less than 60 seconds of charging. I know that you and others have had the same issue for the last few builds.

One other thing that has only occurred on this build is that once in awhile a whole vertical strip of my touch screen will become inoperable. It will be the menu button and then the screen straight to the top. It's easily solved by going to lockscreen and then reopening again. So after reopen, it's back to whatever I was using and everything works perfectly again.
Anyone else encounter this issue?

Other than those 2 minor bugs, 1 of which may only be occurring on my OG, I have not had one fc or softboot. On some of the earlier builds I would encounter the rare softboot, but not on this one and I have been doing everything I have in the past regarding settings, apps, etc.
Loving that big time.
I can't believe it is already MIUI eve!
Here comes Magsy Claus
Here comes Magsy Claus
Right down MIUI lane, woo
(Now Everybody)

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

TheBuzzer

Reaction score
my phone get hot randomly. been using MIUI for a while now, great rom

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
BuzzyBee
If you want her to cool down, you've got to cease talking dirty to the OG! That or pull the back off so the heat isn't being reflected back and try to lean it on an angle against something to give it some fresh air flow.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

chewy74

Reaction score
Fyi

RT @miuius "This week's update MIUI changed to Saturday, Friday sent to development teams with honors" They want a little time to test! @MIUIrom Pls RT