[ROM] MinimalX

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
Might be a noob question here but what do you mean by change the permissions? Cuz I was going to try this with the message app. I really miss being able to type as many characters as I want not limit by 160 per message as in gosms

Using Either Root Explorer Or ES Explorer Go Into /system/app Long Press On The Apk File Click Permissions And Change It To rw-r--r--

Unleash The Beast!

aestabrook1

Reaction score
Recovery

In the instructions it says install recovery....what recovery? and if its bootstrap recovery then i need another work around....whenever i try to install it it never works, if i go into bootstrap and select, "boot into recovery" it reboots the phone then just boots as it normally would, if i try to go into the droid recovery i get an error that says

E: cant open/cache/recovery/command
E: cant open/cache/recovery/caller
:icon_evil::icon_evil:

any help would be awesome

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
The Only Recovery We Have Is The Bootstrap By Tenfar Based On The CWM Code. Also This Is Probably Your Problem, You MUST MUST MUST Be Plugged Into The Wall Not USB.

ashclepdia

Reaction score
In the instructions it says install recovery....what recovery? and if its bootstrap recovery then i need another work around....whenever i try to install it it never works, if i go into bootstrap and select, "boot into recovery" it reboots the phone then just boots as it normally would, if i try to go into the droid recovery i get an error that says

E: cant open/cache/recovery/command
E: cant open/cache/recovery/caller
:icon_evil::icon_evil:

any help would be awesome

To get into bootstrap recovery u go into system recovery app. Press install recovery. Allow superuser rights when it pops up unless u already did. Then wait for it to say success.

THEN PLUG PHONE INTO THE WALL VIA WALL CHARGER.

Then press recovery mode. It will take a few seconds then will boot into recovery where u need to be.

Then install zip from sd card and choose your ninimalx zip
when u install a new rom it will sit at the DROID eye((bootanimation)) for a while as it loads all the new data. Be patient do not battery pull.

Also I suggest having a nandroid backup before flashing.

Wait for it load. Then reboot phone and be very very patient for it to load

ashclepdia

Reaction score
The Only Recovery We Have Is The Bootstrap By Tenfar Based On The CWM Code. Also This Is Probably Your Problem, You MUST MUST MUST Be Plugged Into The Wall Not USB.
U always beat me to the punch mike Haha...u type to fast for me. I Guess Typing Like This Adds Speed hahahaha ;)

aestabrook1

Reaction score
wow, thank you guys very much for the speedy replies. if my phone is 100% charged can i just do it without it being plugged in? and you said go into system recovery....do you mean the stock recovery or bootstrap...also, where do you get bootstrap?

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
Stay Plugged In, If You Unplug It Will Go Right By It. Go Into Bootstrap.The Whole Point Is This Recovery Replaces The Charge Mode. Charge Mode Means Being Plugged In.

aestabrook1

Reaction score
does it matter that im running 2.2 and not 2.3?
i cant update to 2.3 for some reason, it goes to install the update then stops halfway through and then reboots and says "update failed"

aestabrook1

Reaction score
ok, so bootstrap replaces charge only. so if you plug into usb it will automatically go to usb mass storage and not really have the option for charge only so it boots back up into usb mode instead of charge...where as if its in the wall it CANT be usb mass storage?

also...dumb question :icon_ banana: "dee duh dee i lick windows"
do i need to rename minimal x.zip ---> update.zip?

ashclepdia

Reaction score
does it matter that im running 2.2 and not 2.3?
i cant update to 2.3 for some reason, it goes to install the update then stops halfway through and then reboots and says "update failed"
fir minimal x u need to be 2.2.2
2.3.3 prerooted can be flashed just don't take the ota.

And if u have pressed install recovery in system recovery app if u turn off phone and plug in ur recovery will automatically come up as it hijacks the charge only mode. So don't let ur battery wear all the way down or u may need an external charger if u haven't pressed charge.mode in system recovery app. Sorry if that confuses u at all. I will clarify if I lost ya

ashclepdia

Reaction score
ok, so bootstrap replaces charge only. so if you plug into usb it will automatically go to usb mass storage and not really have the option for charge only so it boots back up into usb mode instead of charge...where as if its in the wall it CANT be usb mass storage?

also...dumb question :icon_ banana: "dee duh dee i lick windows"
do i need to rename minimal x.zip ---> update.zip?

No rename necessary as long as u choose install zip from sd card and go choose your minimal zip

I never use install update.zip from sd cars choice as I like to physical choose which zip to install to be safe

aestabrook1

Reaction score
i think i get what you're saying, do this with a full battery, because the recovery app takes over charge mode, so while the rom is flashing it wont be charging, so if my batery is almost dead it will die halfway through update
where do we get bootstrap?