Rom Manager Help

IllegalCopter

Reaction score
Hello,

I rooted my droid and all and are running on the 2.0.1 system. I have both versions of Rom Manager and have been trying to install a new Rom. But when Im in the app, under current version of Rom, it says nothing. Also, whenever I try to install a new rom, it reboots and nothing has happened. What should I do?

OP
I

IllegalCopter

Reaction score
Sorry, I meant under Check for rom updates, Current Rom. It says nothing in that box.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
both versions of rom manager? if I am right one is the license which gets run once then the icon disappears. is that what you mean?
second, have you flashed the clockworks mod on the very top and given the application, when asked, superuser rights?

matrice0056

Reaction score
Hello,

I rooted my droid and all and are running on the 2.0.1 system. I have both versions of Rom Manager and have been trying to install a new Rom. But when Im in the app, under current version of Rom, it says nothing. Also, whenever I try to install a new rom, it reboots and nothing has happened. What should I do?

I along with many others hate rom manager. When it works it's great but I've never consistantly had any luck with it. I recommend changing roms with SPrecovery.

Most roms can be downloaded from the creator in zip format. Change the file name to update.zip and install in recovery. IF you need more info PM me.

OP
I

IllegalCopter

Reaction score
I have a question. Do you have to be rooted with the 2.q system in order to install a new rom?

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
use rom manager a lot with no issues, use sp also with no issues.

eliassami5

Reaction score
never had any issue with rom manager, if you did then its probably user error. If you wanna download a new rom then you go to download rom..i dont know why u are going to current version or rom?

OP
I

IllegalCopter

Reaction score
The only reason I'm mentioning current rom is because its not saying anything there. On videos, everyone else has a rom mentioned there

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I have had issues with ROM Manager as well. One fix I have noticed is that when I have to do anything in RM I have to clear the download cache first. To do that you go to RM > menu > clear download cache.

Try that and RM should start working again.

stonedoubt

Reaction score
Hello,

What ROM are you trying to install?

stonedoubt

Reaction score
I've been trying to install cyanogen.

Ok... first you have to make sure you have ClockworkMod recovery installed... it's the first thing in the list... if you don't have it and some things are greyed out you will need to touch that to get it installed.

Next... Go to Download Rom >> Cyanogen Mod >> Click CyanogenMod 5.0.7.1 >> wait for it to download >> you will see a gear thing in the notification area and if you swipe the notification area down you can see progress. When it's done downloading you touch it in the notification area and it will ask you if you want to backup your current mod and wipe data and cache... I recommend you check both and hit ok. The device will reboot into recovery, install the mod automatically and then reboot again back to the home screen.

Note: You won't see a huge difference in the theme... you have to install a theme if you want that... Below is an example of how to install Blue Energy (my personal choice)

1. Open ROM Manager and choose Download ROM.
2. Scroll down to “roberj13″ and tap.
3. Then choose the Blue Energy Theme option for Cyanogen.
4. When prompted, check the box for “App Pack for CM.”
5. Once finished downloading, you do not need to “wipe data and cache.”
6. Check the box to “backup” if you don’t have a recent one.
7. Press “OK” and your phone will reboot.
8. Let it work its installation magic, reboot and BAM! Done!
This list comes from Droid Life

TIP: If you have apps installed now and you want to back them up you can install Astro File Manager... start it up... hit the menu key... select Tools... Backup... backup apps.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
When downloading a rom in Rom Manager I suggest using wifi, if possible. It will save you time.
Mike

OP
I

IllegalCopter

Reaction score
Ok.I see what's happening. The roms are not even installing for me. Whenever I "install" one it simply goes back to the droid mod opening and theme. Sorry if I've done something stupid lol.