1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Some ROM Questions

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by bd1212, Mar 4, 2010.

1. bd1212

bd1212 New Member

Okay, I am currently running AdamZ Smoked Glass 5.0.1 (2.0.1 ROM) and I want to use Pete's [ROM 2.1 ERE25] Bugless Beast V0.4 Beta.

Can I install the new 2.1 ROM using the update.zip file even though I'm running a 2.0.1 ROM?

If I can't use the update.zip to go from AdamZ 2.0.1 ROM to Pete's 2.1 ROM, how will I be able to get all my apps back?
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  2. drivinfocused

drivinfocused New Member

If you want a new ROM you will have to start all over. Need to go back to stock then apply the newest ROM.
  3. bd1212

bd1212 New Member

Added another question.
  4. kountryj

kountryj New Member

You can use the nandroid backup. Just make sure you factory wipe/reset and wipe cache.

Also you can use titanium backup. I haven't used it but on petes rom site someone has found a way for it to work if it says you don't have root.
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2010